Pan Am/EW Holdings Inc., You have Violated your contract.

perpetual

Pan Am International Flight Academy/EW Holdings.,

I hope that you are listening, because aside from a possible developing lawsuit against you,
I am most assuredly going to let many people/companies/networks know about your
unlawful actions and shoddy business practices.

Folks, The management at Pan Am International Flight Academy in Fort Pierce,
Florida have broken their contract.

Pan Am/EW Holdings,.. You have Violated the 30-60 day Refund policy.
These funds have been held in Pan Am's account for the sole purpose of gaining intrest,
and in addition have gone past the MAXIMUM allowed 60 days before
the required submittal of these funds be returned to either the Lender or the Individual.

As a Warning to ANYONE who is pondering the thought of going to
Pan Am International Flight Academy in Fort Pierce Florida, I implore you to look elsewhere.

Pan Am has manangerial problems as well as inflated prices in addition to
an overall lack of experience in being a "Flight School."

A Chief Flight official within Pan Am., Fort Pierce Campus has recently been fired/dismissed
as a result of ongoing problems that lie within.

This is not heresay for those truly interested in understanding this issue.

Prospective Students or Parents of students:
It would be an ill decision to put yours or the banking institutions' money down for training at this facility.

<font color="red"> </font>

They broke the contract with me as well. It took them two weeks over the deadline, and many phone calls from me to get my money back.
mad.gif

Can I ask why you guys didn't hire attorneys? You have a case and Pan Am would HAVE to pay your attorney fees.

Posting it here will serve to (maybe) deter others from attending, but it's not going to get your money back any faster.

Good luck!!

R2F

Actually ready2fly is correct. Pan Am long abandoned the forums. Probably as long ago as last summer.

It would be beneficial if they dropped in and helped clear things up, but I'm afraid I have a better chance of winning the powerball lottery this weekend than PanAm responding in the forum!

Well the kind of stuff that Pan Am does with your money is white collar crime, and it is very difficult to prove. An attorney would have to be willing to go through all of the paperwork, and also fight the big superstar corp lawyers from Pan Am. The best any student can do is simply cut their losses and move on.

Don't be so sure that Pan AM has abandoned this website. I had posted some issues on this site back in September when I was supposed to go there (I changed my mind and am elsewhere thanks to this forum), and the counselor left me a message almost immediately (within an hour) refering to things I had posted.

[ QUOTE ]
An attorney would have to be willing to go through all of the paperwork, and also fight the big superstar corp lawyers from Pan Am.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not trying to be a smartass, but this is an attorney's job. If you find an attorney who won't do it - leave. Go find another one.

And believe me - one attorney is just like another is just like another. I work for an aviation law firm and I'm not so sure Pan Am's guys are as "big time" as you might think.

Anyhow - it's your money. If you don't mind them spending it.. then by all means, don't listen to me.

I know when I posted my "complaints" about Pan Am, I had already chalked up my losses and did not expect to recover them by posting in the forums. My reason for posting about my experiences at Pan Am were and ARE to inform as many people as I can to their (Pan Am's) bad business practices and poor management.....I would like to think that others, as well as myself, have discouraged many people from attending Pan Am. Just think, if you discourage one person, thats a potential 60K that Pan Am loses.
It has been almost a year since I left and I have moved on and learned from my experience but I still tell as many people that I can NOT to attend Pan Am. People would be surprised at the amount of traffic this website gets (especially from current Pan Am students)...I just informed 3 prospective aviation students to this website, granted they are looking at Embry-Riddle so I expect this website should help them out quite a bit.
All in all, I miss the flying at Pan Am, but I don't miss the admin., the thievery, and all the red tape and attitudes. So all you guys that may lawyer up, go after EW Holdings as well as Pan Am. Hit em where it hurts the most, they stole from you, you deserve satisfaction.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be so sure that Pan AM has abandoned this website. I had posted some issues on this site back in September when I was supposed to go there (I changed my mind and am elsewhere thanks to this forum), and the counselor left me a message almost immediately (within an hour) refering to things I had posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did they know it was you? What things did you post and what did they say to you? PM me with the details if you want.

they also went over by 2 days on my account. altough i'd much rather just cut my losses and forget the scenerio, things bother me. the fact that all it took for me to figure out the exact same ammounts to be refunded as the "accountant" did was an account summary, five minutes of my time, 10 fingers and a pen. why does it take 60+ days for them to crunch the numbers and cut the check.

[ QUOTE ]
they also went over by 2 days on my account. altough i'd much rather just cut my losses and forget the scenerio, things bother me. the fact that all it took for me to figure out the exact same ammounts to be refunded as the "accountant" did was an account summary, five minutes of my time, 10 fingers and a pen. why does it take 60+ days for them to crunch the numbers and cut the check.

[/ QUOTE ]

interest and capital. Doesn't the parent company own Snapple and GNC too? I think I remember that from my tour there. I can remember thinking, "why are you showing me this?" Maybe you can get a settlement in tea and vitamins!

wink.gif

Dave

Talk and lack of action won’t cost you anything but hiring legal counsel will. What you should do is figure out the math on how much the attorney charges for their services. What is another month of interest compared to the attorney fee? It might just be cheaper to call, write letters, and do what ever you feel necessary to get results. You feel cheated because it takes 60 to 90 days to receive the refund. This is wrong and should be changed. Maybe you should contact the States Attorney General for an investigation into such practices. Until the business regulatory agency is aware of such long refund practices, it will continue. What you should do is get on every aviation message board and ask for other former students, that had the same problem, contact you with that information. Numbers speak loudly while individuals speak softly. If you have a list of former students that received the same run-a-round, you will get their attention (Attorneys General-State). There are a lot of flight schools in the state of Florida and they all have different policies for refunds. What did the contract specifically say in regards to the refund? Was a written request for a refund part of the refund process?

If you hire an attorney and win (which you will - they have violated the contract), they will also have to pay your attorney's fees.

Your cost = $0.

[ QUOTE ]
If you hire an attorney and win (which you will - they have violated the contract), they will also have to pay your attorney's fees.

Your cost = $0.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you'll be awarded money specifically to pay for attonrey fees. I think what happens is you can sue for punitive damages. And what the attorney does get, is a percentage of your winnings.

Ha, Pan Am will never attack any of us with legal action. They know if they did, it would backfire on them because all of their unscrupulous and deceitful business practices would come out in court--and then it would be all over the papers and everywhere else.

Well, I know the government can't abrogate your freedom of speech, but I don't know if the constitution says anything about private entities.

Back