PAID Internships

clayfenderstrat

I am a freshman at Purdue, and am looking for a PAID Internship for the 2010 summer. Anybody have any good experiences with paid flight op internships. I can't really afford to do an internship for free, so that is kind of out of the question. I am looking for some feedback from those who have done the internships, as well as any examples of companies who have paid positions. I won't have my commercial yet, but I'd still like to get some kind of an internship. Thanks in advance for all the help!

I did an internship with Evergreen a few years, it was paid and free housing!

Southwest also has paid internship.

I am a freshman at Purdue, and am looking for a PAID Internship for the 2010 summer. Anybody have any good experiences with paid flight op internships. I can't really afford to do an internship for free, so that is kind of out of the question. I am looking for some feedback from those who have done the internships, as well as any examples of companies who have paid positions. I won't have my commercial yet, but I'd still like to get some kind of an internship. Thanks in advance for all the help!

You could also consider working down in the Maintenance Hangar if they still hire part time employees.

American Airlines has some paid and unpaid internships. However, it seems to me they require a commercial pilot certificate. It's in the DFW area doing mostly paperwork inside the flight academy. However, you get the perks of free travel (I think jumpseat privileges are back), sim time, and a private tour of Boeing.

http://www.wipaire.com/index.php

I applied for this internship 2 summers ago. I did not get it, but I do remember it was paid. They offered a summer sales internship. It was full-time for aviation students and sounded like a great deal. They send their applications out to schools so you may want to talk to someone in your aviation program about getting a Wipaire application. They are located on the outskirts of Minneapolis.

Edit: Here is their application for this last summer. http://www.wipaire.com/careers/2009 Wipaire Internship Application Packet.pdf

Back