Pace App Out

fsiflyer

Hello All,
Sorry I have been MIA for a while. It has been really busy here in Phoenix. Anyhow, my application for PACE is filled out and sent. All that is left is the interview on April 7th. I am very much ready to shed my desk job and get back into the air. Here on the ground I feel like the guy in the movie office space that beats up the fax machine. It has gotten bad. The flight deck is calling and I hope to answer the call. I will keep everyone posted on how the interview and the process goes. Good luck to anyone else applying. If anyone has some extra gouge I would love to get it as I have been off this site for quite some time.

FS-

I would love to hear about your process (i.e. interview/school, etc.) I will hopefully apply this summer after finishing my Commercial. Good luck.

Wldct

Can somebody give me the rundown of application deadlines and start dates for PACE? Are you expected to have all your qualifications at the time of interview or can they be in progress?

From what I've heard (so take this however you want) you SHOULD have everything done by the interview. If you don't, but it's almost a guarantee that you will have it done by the start of class, they may go ahead and let you interview. You just won't be able to start class until you have everything.

Thanks for the replys. I will let everyone know what is going on as soon as it happens. They say that apps should be in two weeks proir to the interview, and mine is April 7th. For start dates, visit flightcarees.com and look at the PACE interview schedule. The training would start in Aug. if I am accepted. From what my friend is saying, who is a Mesa captain, that there is heavy hiring going on especially MAPD and PACE. They really have a shortage from what I am gathering...but who knows. I am always afraid to listen to scuttlebut. We will see. I live in Phoenix so I may drive up there, or take the space A flight...I have not yet decided. Otherwise I am ready to fly again.

It depends on how full the classes are. Last year they had interviews all the way up to July. I was going to try to go this August, but my car decided to not play nicely with others. Looks like I'll be shooting for Jan 2005 now.

From what the student that answers the phone at Farmington has been saying...there have been more applicants recently and thus the selection board (or whatever it is) has become more selective in choosing pilots for PACE. I believe I am ready for the interview and I will keep brushing up on my instrument stuff up until the interview. I asked him out of the last interview group how many interviewed and how many were hired..he would not give me an answer. If anyone hears any good gouge let me know.

I am shooting for the Aug date but not sure when to send out app.

Should I send it out ASAP or wait till mid summer like the guy I talked to from the program suggested?

Also, assuming I get in what kind of housing is available out there? Anyone looking for a roomate?

I am shooting for the Aug class as well. I was told it is best to interview earlybefore the class fills up, but who really knows. I will be looking for a roommate in Farmington, if I am accepted that is. Let me know if you are interested.

Hello All,
I have another question on the PACE interview. For the the instrument test...is there certain things they will be asking or is everything fair game...wx, FAR's, procedures...etc. I am trying to narrow down what I am really focusing on. Thanks again everyone.

Well yesterday I received the official letter for the PACE interview on April 7th. I also went and got a shiny new 1st class medical. All that is left is to pass the interview and quit my desk job. I have been using the King instrument interactive cdrom course to study and as boring as it sounds...you really do absorb the information. I highly recommend it. Anyhow, I will keep everyone posted on what happens at the interview.
cool.gif

Congrats, fsi. It seems like even getting the interview is a hurdle a lot of people were having trouble getting past.

Back