Pa28-235

Mabgibai

I'm looking for some general information on the Pa28-235. I'll be moving one from S. FL up to KBFR sometime next week. General performance numbers along with aircraft characteristics would be great.

Don't land it like a Cessna and you'll have all the elevator you need, fly it onto the runway with power.

I just flew one today. Expect to run out of elevator authority in the flare.

Use to own one, got about 300 hrs in it. If you'd look at the POH you would find that 235s in particular are a bit nose heavy,(O-540 up front) especially with two people and full mains/tips. Even without full tanks it can be nose heavy, so if you're not familiar do a weight and balance:eek:.

The 235 is not like the warrior, same airframe, but different flight characteristics because of the big engine out front.

My Cure for running out of elevator when flying solo or with someone in the right seat was to put some weight in the baggage area, about 50 lbs or so usually does the trick, but your mileage may differ:D.

There was a Cherokee 235 club website don't know if its still around

I am used to the Commander being able to keep the nose 3 feet in the air all the way to the turn off so yeah, it was different adjusting. I'll keep those little tricks in mind, but the one I fly has electric trim so I just trim all the way up in the flare to help.

One of my clients wants to go down to MTH tomorrow for some fishing, so I'll be able to take a look at the plane and hopefully read through the POH a bit. I'm going to take it up at some point next week just to get familiar with it. If everything goes as planned I'll be blasting off friday.

Thanks for the sandbag tip Bill. I have just the sandbag for the job.

I am used to the Commander being able to keep the nose 3 feet in the air all the way to the turn off so yeah, it was different adjusting. I'll keep those little tricks in mind, but the one I fly has electric trim so I just trim all the way up in the flare to help.

My neighbor lands his Commander the same way, but we only have 3200ft to stop. He only uses a little more than half the runway before he turns around and taxis back. Awesome airplane.

One of my clients wants to go down to MTH tomorrow for some fishing, so I'll be able to take a look at the plane and hopefully read through the POH a bit. I'm going to take it up at some point next week just to get familiar with it. If everything goes as planned I'll be blasting off friday.

Thanks for the sandbag tip Bill. I have just the sandbag for the job.

Just do a good W&B a few times and you'll get the hang of how to load the plane. It'll haul its own weight and still climb like crazy, wish I still had mine. On the other hand, I just need to walk across our runway to fly it if I feel the need:p

Back