PA Cabin announcements Question

It's kinda sorta true. I have done PAs that had most of that in them. That's sort of a "greatest hits" PA. All of that WAS said in flight at one time or another.

The 'flight deck' versus 'cockpit' debate has been swirling in the toilet for years and won't flush!

Flight deck, cockpit, whatever, personally I could care less what they call it!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The 'flight deck' versus 'cockpit' debate has been swirling in the toilet for years and won't flush!

Flight deck, cockpit, whatever, personally I could care less what they call it!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A Box office?

whats the debate about? haha john, i really do like that "pointy end of the plane"... and what about my idea for the introductory thing>?

My worst part of doing a PA is my Tulare County Public Schools-knowledge of geography.

If we're flying over the west coast, heck, I'll tell you all about half dome, the kings river, San Joaquin Valley, etc. But if I'm on the east coast, I'll sit there and marvel about how far north New Hampshire is or say things like "We're just passing over Raleigh-Durham...Nor...Sou...Umm, Raleigh-Durham!"

[ QUOTE ]
Oh man, I'll say 'thunderstorm' or 'fog' in a heartbeat.

Basically people get in too much trouble when you pussyfoot around with weather. If you mention thunderstorms and moderate turbulence, they're not going to be meandering around the aisle when the seat belt sign comes on and end up getting injured.

If I mention the word "fog", I'll talk about visibility, things that we can do to work with it and that it might cause a delay because of the need for more spacing during arrival/approach.

Usually when I'm honest on the PA, people make positive comments. If I try and sugarcoat the situation, usually people are more pissed because they're late or the guy in 24F was snoring.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. People often get off the plane and say "thank you for being so safe" when we are honest with them.

We never had any practice with PAs in training, except the "Flight Attendants be seated" announcement prior to departure. My first PA was on OE (operating experience)... we reach cruise and the captain says, "why don't ya let the people up." "Ummm.... ok...."
smile.gif

I keep all my PAs professional and to the point, without any aviation jargon. I tell the people what's going on in ways they will understand, so they don't sit there wondering what is going on. Sometimes I'll make a joke or two, but nothing too excessive. Too much kidding around makes the passengers wonder who those young punks are up front joking around and not taking the flight seriously. For instance, one PA: "And folks, it has been brought to our attention that our No Smoking sign just burned out. I would just like to point out that we did not choose to turn it off, so please refrain from breakin' out the cigs and lightin' one up back there, we'd appreciate it."

[ QUOTE ]
No stupid questions just stupid people who ask them
grin.gif
I'm just kidding Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
grin.gif
, i'm so gullable when it comes to things like this. It's funny because i'm actually quite the joker sometimes!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My worst part of doing a PA is my Tulare County Public Schools-knowledge of geography.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recommend the Captains Atlas. I've flown with several captains who have them. It's a atlas of the 50 states and however many Canadian Provinces there are overlaid with VORs. Makes it a snap to answer pax questions such as "where are we?" I plan to get one for myself.

I've got the captain's atlas and a big laminated US map with VORs too. Usually the big map is pressed between the sunscreen and the window to block the sun!

Fuel slips, flight releases, updated weather reports, etc! I even carry a heavy duty paperclip so I can attach things in strange areas to block the sun.

I'm waiting for one of my flight to say "This is your First Officer, so and so, and your Captain, so and so, from the office with the best view...." or "This is your First Officer, so and so, and your Captain, so and so, from the front of the bus...."
grin.gif

Back