P08 ... getting beefed up ... beefcake!

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Any AZ guys around might be interested in knowing that Coolindge is going to get hopping here in a few months.

International air is moving from Memorial (the .. almost ... dirt strip south of Stellar) to Coolidge. They just got a contract with the city to manage the airport. They're going build a new hangar (big enough for the 130s and stuff) at the south end of the ramp, put in 24 hour fuel and build a bunch of new hangars (some two story with apartments on top).

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Here is a question for you guys who live in AZ - what do you guys know about the castle (and its residents) that is close to Scottsdale? I think it is in Black Canyon.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a question for you guys who live in AZ - what do you guys know about the castle (and its residents) that is close to Scottsdale? I think it is in Black Canyon.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an AZ native, I'll take a stab.......Are you referring to:

Castle Hot Springs? The old resort northwest of Lake Pleasant that burned down a number of years ago and was rebuilt? It was a haven for stars to go hang out at.

Or are you referring to the Shangri-La resort on 7th Street north of Carefree Highway? That's the nude resort that's been there for years.

On a separate note, I don't know what the heck T&G is going to do with their C-130s at Memorial, the darn things are grounded as is (the A-models at least) so I don't know how hopping Coolige will be, at least not since the USAF stopped operating T-37s out of there in 1991.

Chandler-Memorial is a cool airport to see, lots of older vintage aircraft there, like a Howard 500 that I'd love to have.

Trivia: What was the airfield codename for Coolige that the USAF used for it's T-37 operations?

[ QUOTE ]
Castle Hot Springs? The old resort northwest of Lake Pleasant that burned down a number of years ago and was rebuilt? It was a haven for stars to go hang out at.

Or are you referring to the Shangri-La resort on 7th Street north of Carefree Highway? That's the nude resort that's been there for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope this is actually a private residence - I am quite sure it is in Black Canyon.

[ QUOTE ]
[Nope this is actually a private residence - I am quite sure it is in Black Canyon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be the one where the explosives were taken away by the Sheriff's Office a few years back.

I have not heard that story - the reason I ask is because a guy who is playing polo at our club owns it. I just wondered what is was like - it does have dungeons!!!

The castle at I-17 and Deer Valley Road?
shocked.gif

(It's one of the Castle Botique "adult" stores).

NO - this one old guy lives in a castle just north of PHX. From pictures it looked pretty big - I just wondered if you guys knew anything about it.

Calm down, Iain ... just teasing you.

I don't know anything about it, nor have I ever heard anything about. But I've only been here two years.

Back