Ownership and Management Change.. interesting development.

SierraPilot

This was a letter I received in the mail today..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All at Sierra Academy have greatly appreciated your patience and understanding during out facility moves from L-105 (former classrooms) to L-130 (main facility) and from L-118 to L-210 (maintence services). We all know that the break has been disruptive, but hope that it related well with your holiday plans.

During this move, the Port of Oakland advised Sierra Academy for the first time of its plan to make longer-term occupancy of building L-130, the school's main facility, dependant on its willingness to accept the costs of adding a new foundation and heating system in the coming year. This is a major financial requirement.

This was unexpected, and has affected Sierra Academy's ability to move ahead independently. Fortunately, however, it has not deterred the owners of a development-oriented flight school who desire to build on Sierra Academy's 38-year history and establish a related branch. Agreements are being negotiated for an ownership and management change to take effect by January 7, or no later than January 10. With such changes, student files will be transferred to new ownership and operations can resume.

New general management can be expected to come with a commitment to makeing important improvements. All operating staff and instructors, who are committed to Sierra Academy's future, are to remain. They are to be supervised by Rashid Yahya, Director of Training and Operations.

We deeply regret the hardship and inconvenience that are associated with all of these developments. Staff will follow up to advise you of a starting date and to coordinate. [Contact info deleted].

Thank you very much for your understanding and consideration.

Skip Everett
President

Well it looks like you guys wont be resuming school on Jan 5th, and who knows when they will resume operations. I am glad to see that the management is changing which is badly needed. They have really screwed this whole situtation up.

I know Sequioa took over our ground school building which has from my understanding is they been wanting to get into A&P training as they do other maintence type programs for automotive etc, and I did wonder across a web site of their that looked like a startup webpage for a flight school, althought it didnt say where as you couldnt get past the main page. My point? well it would'nt surprise me if Sequioa would be interested in taking over Sierra Academy.. its alot easier to buy a working operation then start a new one.

You know the whole replacing the foundation of our existing main building sounds fishy to me.. thats a historical building and they would have to tear it down to replace the foundation and I just dont see that happening.. not to mention if they did such a thing, everyone would be out of school YET AGAIN while they build a new building.. ya that will take 6 months or more..

Hopefully our money doesnt disappear with this ownership change as well.

Ryan

It looks to me that Sierra is AGAIN trying to buy time. Another major RED-FLAG! It is just unbelievable that they decided to beginning on Dec.7, pretending that it was not all pre-meditated to begin with. And now all of a sudden, during the holidays they find out from the port that they will be extending this break? I find that hard to believe, most government offices during this time of the year works VERY SLOW as if they don't work slow to begin with. I find it hard to believe that this new information from the port was "just passed on" to them. I firmly believe that this is all part of the original plan.

Okay so let me get this straight. The Port of Oakland wants to occupy our building, has been planning on doing so for quite some time, just happened to clue us into this when we were on "winter break", is planning on making major rennovations to our(historic) building which even though we own we can't decline, and we are being sold. Sold????

Less than a month ago we weren't being sold and since then they have Mr. Everett has changed his mind about the sale of the flight school and found a buyer that will take over by Jan. 7 but no later that Jan 10. Who is the buyer? If they are taking over in less than a week I think it would be safe to disclose this information.

Does anybody else find this a little puzzling????

First thing on Monday I plan on going to the Port of Oakland to see if they are aware that they are planning on occypying our building.

Furthermore, where do we have room for this invasion. We have one building that seemed tightly packed as it was, we have to consolidate that with everything that was in our classroom building, and make room for the Port?

What the hell is going on at Sierra Academy????????

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so let me get this straight. The Port of Oakland wants to occupy our building

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you read that wrong.. The Port of Oakland is telling Sierra that if they want to stay in that building they are in now they must renovate it. Which Skip Everett obviously doesnt want to do due to the cost. While I still find the story absurd, and probably an outright lie.. I think this is just an excuse for the owner of Sierra to sell it and get out from under something he never cared for in the first place.

Ryan

SierraPilot,

You're reading Mr. Everett right in the bulls eye.
All of his actions leads up to something. Unfortunately,
each one of his lies are always covered up with something
else. For most students, including the staff, the facts
are usually distorted and clouded because they've
always been told something else. At this point, I think
we all see the truth is out. If sierra continues to operate,
it will probably be your last chance to get your money
back and move on.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay so let me get this straight. The Port of Oakland wants to occupy our building

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you read that wrong.. The Port of Oakland is telling Sierra that if they want to stay in that building they are in now they must renovate it. Which Skip Everett obviously doesnt want to do due to the cost. While I still find the story absurd, and probably an outright lie.. I think this is just an excuse for the owner of Sierra to sell it and get out from under something he never cared for in the first place.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I bet that's the reason why Mr. Everett wants to sell to this no-name "development-oriented flight school"

I am usually right on when it comes the Sierra. I get my info from outside sources and confirm them. I knew about this on wednesday of last week. I was asked to move some of the planes to another airport, which did not happen. Upon this I had my check ride with and talk to the DE whom without asking told me of a buyer in stockton. This was then confirmned by a pilot at kasier air at oakland that is owed money by Sierra. I think based on my discussions Skip has sold the name of the school and is using the port as a reason to move the school off of oakland, I heard Livermore or stockton. Which is stupid 90% of the kids will not go and all new students will look at either place as ******* ( I can not say) I for one am happy, I hope skip has a nice life. All I want is my 6000 grand back. But if the new owner has a clue he will keep Oakland and move the school forward. I actually love Sierra for its people, I have had a great time. The bay area is awsome to fly around. Today Monteray for lunch with the girlfriend. Plus I work in a awsome bar in the city, no other flight school in can offer that. Also I heard from an unconfirmned source that flight ops will be open on the 12th, but still waiting for confirmation. Good luck to all.

"I work in a awsome bar in the city, no other flight school in can offer that"

Don't they have bars in Stockton?

Bars in stockton, sure I assume, but who in there right mind would want to live in stockton. Lets face it I am still not ready to make that kind of sacerfice. I have already left a 4 year relationship maxed out 2 credit cards and moved to Oakland. I am going to wait it out. I hope Sierra stays.

Back