Over the Rockies

mjg407

img058.jpg

img059.jpg

img060.jpg

img057.jpg

Beautiful... The closest thing Ive seen from the air here in Florida is a landfill. Something tells me its just not the same

Beautiful... The closest thing Ive seen from the air here in Florida is a landfill. Something tells me its just not the same

Im with you on that. I need some new scenary. Florida has its perks but it gets old. I like being able to see both the gulf coast and eastern coast at the same time. Every once in a while you can spot some pretty big cliffs.

anyway. Nice pics. :)

Nice pics mjg. What you flying?

By the way, do you recognize the pic in my avatar?
We were moving one of our P-3 air tankers back east for paint. Weather over Utah forced us up to FL230 (unpressurized). Is that looking to Aspen?

We were moving one of our P-3 air tankers back east for paint. Weather over Utah forced us up to FL230 (unpressurized). Is that looking to Aspen?

Must be cool flying those Orions. Not too many four engine pistons flying around these days. My buddy is trying real hard to get on with these guys http://www.buffaloairways.com/fleet.htm in Yellowknife.

My avatar is a photo of Shasta dam with Mt.Shasta slightly visible under the wing. Took the picture in mid Sept after a fire broke out just south of Dunsmuir.

Speaking of turboprops, check this baby out...A DC-3 with a turbo conversion.

Attachments

• saafc47tp.jpg
    saafc47tp.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 68
Must be cool flying those Orions. Not too many four engine pistons flying around these days. My buddy is trying real hard to get on with these guys http://www.buffaloairways.com/fleet.htm in Yellowknife.

My avatar is a photo of Shasta dam with Mt.Shasta slightly visible under the wing. Took the picture in mid Sept after a fire broke out just south of Dunsmuir.
I think we sold them our DC-4s and did their electra conversions.

Nice! Never seen that before. Kind of reminds me of the old Ford tri-motors.

Attachments

• 0624269.jpg
    0624269.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 42
Back