Over 100 users/lurkers again....

Speaking of that, do you think you'll ever see any A-10s show up in the Commemorative Air Force?

I think the latest the confederate air force has are Korean/post- Korean vintage aircraft.

If they can keep from crashing an average of a plane a year, and if the US will let flying, current tactical aircraft like these get certed....maybe.

Our jets are all falling apart though, don't know how long they're going to last. Slowly going out of active service, with little $$$ going to them for upkeep.

Do you guys have some sort of military-equivalent to a minimum equipment list (MEL), or how does that work?

We have a MESL, or Min Essential Systems List. Not so much for the aircraft flyability, but for it's combat needs. Items that are go/no go considerations are such things as an operable RHAW in all bands/limited bands, yes/no ECM pod, yes/no HUD or degraded HUD, etc.

For the aircraft itself, it's the pilots call on what's needed for flight. Obvious items like both hydraulic systems, an operable APU, etc are all required items, other stuff like FM radio inop are pilots call.

What happens to your collagues that are reservists called-up to active duty, in regards to job/seniority? Are they considered on something akin to a sebattical? What happens to their seniority number?

Also, during "peacetime", with the normal 2 weekends/month, 2 weeks/year reserve/guard training, how flexible is Delta in giving that time off, say for example if someone is still new to the company and doesn't have a lot of say in their schedule yet?

If you get called up to active, you maintain your seniority 100%

If you've got a reserve obligation, you can enter in your MLOA (military leave of absence dates) into the pilot scheduling computer and as far as I've heard, Delta is extraordinarily gracious when it comes to working with our reservists.

Doug I was looking at the Pilot website at work the other night and it said some about SIL's being posted....what is that exactly

An "SIL" is a special incentive line? or something like that?

On some of our categories that are overmanned (not a whole heck of a lot now) they'd let you sit at home for 50 hours of pay for an entire month.

That wouldnt be bad.....
Is that kinda what they put the last recalls on. I know they are recalled and getting paid ( i guess monthy min) and have no aircraft assignment or base...

[ QUOTE ]
That wouldnt be bad.....
Is that kinda what they put the last recalls on. I know they are recalled and getting paid ( i guess monthy min) and have no aircraft assignment or base...

[/ QUOTE ]

Training is backlogged and it's "Green Slip City".

doug, did you get bothered by the fire today at one of hartsfields terminals?

Are they seat locking guys if they changed equipment. I would gladly move over to training department if they would let me...
Did you have an -88 ground instructor named Danny Cox? or in your 737 days a guy named Bryce Ulmer

[ QUOTE ]
doug, did you get bothered by the fire today at one of hartsfields terminals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't hear of one!

[ QUOTE ]
Are they seat locking guys if they changed equipment.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you change a/c on an advanced entitlement, you're locked for a year. If you change because of displacement, I don't think there's any seat lock.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have an -88 ground instructor named Danny Cox? or in your 737 days a guy named Bryce Ulmer

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope and Nope!

Small fire forces evacuation at Atlanta airport
Friday, February 6, 2004 Posted: 8:46 AM EST (1346 GMT)

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- Officials evacuated a terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport for about 20 minutes early Friday because of a small fire.

Delta Airlines spokeswoman Emily Wharton said the fire started when a heater malfunctioned. No one was injured and all customers and employees were allowed to return to the terminal after about 15 to 20 minutes.

"The heater was downstairs in the ramp area where the baggage is and caused smoke to come up into the terminal," Wharton said.

Wharton said the evacuation involved "a minimal number" of customers and the fire did not affect any flights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. where are you flying to today? Are you on one of your productivity sits?

Doug early this morning there was a fire down in the bagroom... A heater overheated and caused alot of smoke...

About 5 am there was also a bag on a cart that caught on fire as it came out of the bagroom....Guess thats called a "hot bag"

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Doug - did you see that MikeD "edited" you? LOL he has big stones!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cause I accidently "edited" his post when I thought I was "Replying" to it. So I immediately replaced it.

Tattle tale.
laugh.gif

Back