OT: A little fun while we all wait for FOL's or PEPC invites

KindaRadley

So while a handful of us have gone through the PEPC process and are now awaiting our FOL's... a majority of the rest are still waiting to get a PEPC invite. So, rather than sit here refreshing the message board a zillion times a day for updates, I thought I'd try to come up with a little fun to help take our minds off of the long wait and to pass the time!! Take a wild stab at the question below... and if you are able to correctly answer this question, unfortunately the only thing I have to give you are bragging rights :rawk:

Trivia Question #1:
"Take a look at the picture below. You will see the images of ALL EIGHT (8) NASA Space Orbiters/Shuttles, numbered 1-8. Some of these shuttles have now been destroyed, have never flown in space, or have never physically left the ground, but all 8 are American made by NASA. WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF ALL 8 OF THE SPACE SHUTTLES/ORBITERS?
(and yes... there have actually been 8 that were officially built by or recognized by NASA as "official OV Space Shuttles/Orbiters"...

--List your answers as:
#1 (your answer here)
#2 (your answer here), etc."

**Once someone has correctly answered the name of a particular shuttle, I will post up a new image with that shuttle's name on it, and who guessed it correctly. The object is to get your name on all 8 shuttles, or the majority of the shuttles! Before you guess the name of a shuttle, make sure you go through the thread to find out if it's already been answered correctly!

HINTS:
Shuttles #2 & #3 are physically unable to ever launch into space ever again.
Shuttle #6 was the last shuttle to ever be physically built.

2683957497_42d0a42dc1_o.jpg

Re: OT: A little fun while we all wait for FOL's or PEPC inv

#1 - Enterprise - OV-101
#2 - Columbia - OV-102
#3 - Challenger - OV-099
#4 - Discovery - OV-103
#5 - Atlantis - OV-104
#6 - Endeavor - OV-105
#7 - Pathfinder - OV-098
#8 - Explorer

#1 - Enterprise
#2 - Columbia
#3 - Challenger
#4 - Discovery
#5 - Atlantis
#6 - Endeavor
#7 - Pathfinder
#8 - Explorer
Crap you beat me to it. Not such a hard challenge as all but 3 of them have their names on the wings. I saw Enterprise at Dulles with the panels removed after the Columbia disaster. It wasn't open for public display yet but was still there to see from a distance.

FYI Pathfinder never flew... was a mockup for testing clearances instead of using the Enterprise, which was much more expensive and delicate. Explorer never flew either. I think it was built for display at Kennedy Space Center.

Crap you beat me to it. Not such a hard challenge as all but 3 of them have their names on the wings. I saw Enterprise at Dulles with the panels removed after the Columbia disaster. It wasn't open for public display yet but was still there to see from a distance.

FYI Pathfinder never flew... was a mockup for testing clearances instead of using the Enterprise, which was much more expensive and delicate. Explorer never flew either. I think it was built for display at Kennedy Space Center.

Yup, read that while looking them up. The Pathfinder actually had a OV designation and the Explorer doesn't.

Damn you people and your speedy responses... I was ready to google it up :)

Unfortunately this led to the following chain of events:

I thought of the challenger disaster, which I thought occurred around my birthday..
Google for challenger... nowhere near my birthday... what was it then?
Google my birthday + disaster... no results? Let's look anyway...
Wikipedia for my birthday... HEY, I was born the same day as Michael J. Fox, Les Paul, and Natalie Portman...
Click on Natalie Portman link...
Ooh! Natalie Portman...

That's as far as I got.

Apparently the AT-SAT weighs attention span at no more than 2.7%...

#1 - Enterprise - OV-101
#2 - Columbia - OV-102
#3 - Challenger - OV-099
#4 - Discovery - OV-103
#5 - Atlantis - OV-104
#6 - Endeavor - OV-105
#7 - Pathfinder - OV-098
#8 - Explorer

DANG Bloomer! I'm impressed! :eek: I thought it would take a little longer than 45 minutes for someone to get them all correct, especially Shuttle Explorer! NathanW- right on the "FYI" also! Pathfinder is actually slated to be dismantled due to water damage (since it's made mainly out of wood and steel). Explorer was built to just sit at Kennedy Space Center and look pretty.

Well, I guess I'll have to step it up a little! :)

Trivia Question #2:
Now that all 8 Official NASA Shuttles have been identified, what is the name of the 9th "unofficial" shuttle (added to picture below as #9) that was NOT built by NASA and is not recognized by NASA as a true Orbiter Space Shuttle?

**BONUS POINT** Where is this shuttle located, and what is its current & future status?

2685843046_eb1fe6f76d_b.jpg

DANG Bloomer! I'm impressed! :eek: I thought it would take a little longer than 45 minutes for someone to get them all correct, especially Shuttle Explorer! NathanW- right on the "FYI" also! Pathfinder is actually slated to be dismantled due to water damage (since it's made mainly out of wood and steel). Explorer was built to just sit at Kennedy Space Center and look pretty.

Well, I guess I'll have to step it up a little! :)

Trivia Question #2:
Now that all 8 Official NASA Shuttles have been identified, what is the name of the 9th "unofficial" shuttle (added to picture below as #9) that was NOT built by NASA and is not recognized by NASA as a true Orbiter Space Shuttle?

**BONUS POINT** Where is this shuttle located, and what is its current & future status?

2685843046_eb1fe6f76d_b.jpg

The name is "Space Shuttle America"

It opened as a ride in 1994, and closed after the 2007 season, never to be operational again.

The name is "Space Shuttle America"

It opened as a ride in 1994, and closed after the 2007 season, never to be operational again.

Nice! Kudos!

I'll think of another one and put it up in a little bit!

Nice! Kudos!

I'll think of another one and put it up in a little bit!

Thats how I roll....

OK, so here is my question. What is the name of the ORIGINAL Colorado NHL Hockey team?

Super bonus: What is the teams CURRENT name?

Thats how I roll....

OK, so here is my question. What is the name of the ORIGINAL Colorado NHL Hockey team?

Super bonus: What is the teams CURRENT name?

Dude... come on... don't ask a KC guy about NHL Hockey! We're waiting patiently to get a team back here!!!

Original team- Kansas City Scouts (when those backstabbers left KC, they became the Colorado Rockies)
Current team- Colorado Avalanche

Funny gov't type joke I read... anyone got any other government jokes?

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300°C.
The Russians used a pencil.

Dude... come on... don't ask a KC guy about NHL Hockey! We're waiting patiently to get a team back here!!!

Original team- Kansas City Scouts (when those backstabbers left KC, they became the Colorado Rockies)
Current team- Colorado Avalanche

Correct on one, wrong on the other....The current team of the ORIGINAL Colorado NHL team is the NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Good call though

Funny gov't type joke I read... anyone got any other government jokes?

Yeup! Here's one that I got a little chuckle out of!

Dear Federal Aviation Administration:
After much thinking, I believe that I have the solution for the prevention of airline hijackings and, at the same time, getting the airline industry back on its feet.

Since men of the Muslim religion are not allowed to look at a nude woman that is not his wife, I recommend that we replace all of our female flight attendants with strippers. This would replace the need for all in-flight entertainment, and would also make for an interesting way for the flight attendants to point out the emergency exits on the plane using their feet and a stripper pole.

Now, if we did this, then all Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing a naked woman and, of course, every business man in the country would start flying again in the HOPES of seeing a naked woman. No more hijackings, and the airline industry would have record sales, not to mention the Flight Attendants would see a dramatic increase in pay for all the tips they would collect!

Now I know you're thinking "will this really stop the hijackings by Al-Qaeda?" Well, I can guarantee you that every male Muslim in the Middle East has Bush, Dick, and Colon on their minds for the simple fact that whenever one of these guys tries to spread the legs of their wife, they see nothing but bush and a colon, and it causes their dick to go down! I really doubt that any of these guys are going to mess with the U.S. since we have proven that for all of the American lives they have taken away from the United States, we can take away the one life that will affect every single Muslim... their sex life!

Why the hell didn't President Bush and Congress think of this?!

Always at your service,
~William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton

Back