ORD at night....

Jason

.... thinking about pulling an all nighter (last in from ICT and first out in the morning to CVG) in a few weeks to make my schedule work. Any suggestions on close by (cheap) hotels with transportation or any spots at ORD with comfy chairs to catch a few hours?

.... thinking about pulling an all nighter (last in from ICT and first out in the morning to CVG) in a few weeks to make my schedule work. Any suggestions on close by (cheap) hotels with transportation or any spots at ORD with comfy chairs to catch a few hours?

Ouch. O'Hare is not a good place to crash for the night. There's not much in the way of comfy places there. In terms of hotels, I'd check out the Four Points if you're willing to spend a little more, the Quality Inn O'hare (pretty sleazy but cheaper), or the Comfort Inn O'hare. You'd be looking at close to $100/night though if you're not with the airlines. If you're crew, it gets a lot cheaper.

For maximum sleep, get a room at the O'Hare Hilton. No transportation required, the hotel is IN the airport. Pretty much ANY hotel close to the airport has a van/shuttle service, just a matter of finding the best price.

The Sheraton 4 Points on Manneheim gives good crew rates.

Thanks! I looked at the airport Hilton but the cheapest room rate they have is $219 for one night! I don't think I can pull off the crew rate but I may try... my name badge does say "Netjets" on it.,,

Thanks! I looked at the airport Hilton but the cheapest room rate they have is $219 for one night! I don't think I can pull off the crew rate but I may try... my name badge does say "Netjets" on it.,,

If that's the case, you should definitely try to hoodwink the Four Points into giving you the $45 crew rate. The shuttles come every 20 minutes, and it's less than 10 minutes from the airport...and the rooms are pretty nice.

If you're not opposed to sleeping on a floor, I'd get a neck pillow and head for terminal 2. There's an E-F gate connector that is private compared to the rest of the place and people crash there all the time.

The Sheraton Four Points near ORD gives crew rates in the $50 range.

Very nice room for the rate, and they have free shuttle service.

This may or may not apply for your employer, but it's worth a shot.

One might also note that some airlines have been cracking down on crewmembers trying to overnight in crew rooms prior to trips. They'll site things such as "fire codes", etc, but what they really want it to avoid bad press.

I commute to ORD and usually have much better luck with priceline.com. I can usually get the Hyatt or Sheraton Suites for $45.

I recently found a link to the IHG Friends and Family hotel discount (crowne plaza, holiday inn, etc). I found it in a message board and this employee is offering the discounts to the public. All you need to do is print out the voucher, fill it out, and present it during check-in. They will honor it.

Just doing a random search for ORD area hotels in mid July gives me rates as low as $45. Give it a try, let me know what you find. :)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c...NDSC8%3D&cm_mmc=DCE-_-FF-_-20090325-_-AM26747

-pocho

like flysaab said, try priceline. I have always had luck with them.

also, if you work for netjets, see if any of the hilton hotels offer a corp rate for Netjets. Is that who you are working for now?

Thanks all..... I don't think I'm gonna' try it anyway -- I almost had a heart attack when I found out how much it was going to cost me to leave 16 hours early!!

And no - not NetJets - I work for a "sister" company (FSI) but they own our building so we have NJA badges.

If you're not opposed to sleeping on a floor, I'd get a neck pillow and head for terminal 2. There's an E-F gate connector that is private compared to the rest of the place and people crash there all the time.

theres also cots (before security)

If that's the case, you should definitely try to hoodwink the Four Points into giving you the $45 crew rate. The shuttles come every 20 minutes, and it's less than 10 minutes from the airport...and the rooms are pretty nice.

HAHA, I've slept in that hallway at least 5 times! Last US flight in from PHX picking up the wife or family to boost their priority on the 5 AM US flight back to SKy Harbor.

Back