Options to rent a Decathlon in SF Bay Area

That is a great price. Would you allow it in competitions? A few buddies including myself are very interested in checking this plane out once it gets online. Also if you need any help teaching in it, shoot me a PM.

That is a great price. Would you allow it in competitions? A few buddies including myself are very interested in checking this plane out once it gets online. Also if you need any help teaching in it, shoot me a PM.
I want to get a real aerobatics scene going here in Sonoma. So I'll be letting people rent it in competition. I'm excited to hear people want to rent it for that. I'm planning on being at the Delano competition.

I got a recording G-meter from a Red Bull Air Races plane, and I'm going to use that to make sure no one is over stressing my plane!

Cool... Will be monitoring your site for updates! Did anybody consider having webcams installed in the training area do you can see how you perform from the outside? I think, it's difficult to overstress a decathlon, at least in positive g maneuvers, stick force is to too high to pull anything more than 5.

Wolfy are you are chapter 38 member?

I'm not, but I plan on joining. I should email them.

The Citabrias I fly have G-meters. It's a handy gauge to have.

This G-meter has 4 records: A resetable positive and negative max, and then a positive and negative max that can only be reset with a 4 digit pin. You can also hook up an LED that will light if the G max has been exceeded and won't go out until reset.

Somewhere around $170.
I may have to head up there to check it out. I fly Citabrias out of the South Bay right now, but have been looking for a Super D for rent since my place took theirs off the line. Good luck with everything.

Wolfy, I probably PM'ed you about it in the past, but I learned to fly in Petaluma and used to pop into Skypark pretty regularly. The Skypark/Schellville area has an incredible amount of character (walk around those airports any weekend and it's like warbird central, especially Schellville) - and I think an aerobatics school would be a great fit for the location. I'm mostly in southern CA these days but I'd be very interested in doing a checkout at your school sometime when I come back to visit. In the mean time, best of luck to you! :)

I may have to head up there to check it out. I fly Citabrias out of the South Bay right now, but have been looking for a Super D for rent since my place took theirs off the line. Good luck with everything.

If you find one in the south bay, do send me a PM or something—Sonoma is just too far for thisfox to drive. (Livermore is too far, really, but I go anyway!)

~Fox

Thanks, I'll let you know when it's up.

Once I finish my ratings, I'm going to dive into aerobatic instruction and get my tailwheel. I may come up and check your school out, best of luck.
Do you want to have aerobatics be a long-term part of your flying, or do you just want to be a better pilot when you're done with your ratings?

Wolfy, I probably PM'ed you about it in the past, but I learned to fly in Petaluma and used to pop into Skypark pretty regularly. The Skypark/Schellville area has an incredible amount of character (walk around those airports any weekend and it's like warbird central, especially Schellville) - and I think an aerobatics school would be a great fit for the location. I'm mostly in southern CA these days but I'd be very interested in doing a checkout at your school sometime when I come back to visit. In the mean time, best of luck to you! :)
Oh yeah, I totally remember. And Schellville especially has a long history of aerobatics.

If you find one in the south bay, do send me a PM or something—Sonoma is just too far for thisfox to drive. (Livermore is too far, really, but I go anyway!)

~Fox
It would be one thing to make the trip a few times for a training course, quite another to come up every other weekend to fly acro. I certainly don't enjoy the drive down to San Jose. The flight, on the other hand, is a lot of fun.

Come by Attitude Aviation, we meet usually the first Sunday of each month.

Is it always the same time? I just mailed in my chapter dues today.

Ya I have been for years, ever come to the meetings?

Very sparsely. I really should more often, but I'm always stupidly busy and, until they shut down my rink last spring, I had hockey games to play every Sunday.

Most of my most active participation was back in 2007, when I was planning to prepare for a contest. Even went to the Christmas party!

Since then, though, I've paid my dues but been mostly absent.

I should get back to it.

~Fox

Ya I haven't been to one in forever. Work keeps me piloting the Lear too much to stay current with acro, I sure as hell cant practice for competitions. I am going to go back in and fly the Pitts soon though, it has been too long.

Do you want to have aerobatics be a long-term part of your flying, or do you just want to be a better pilot when you're done with your ratings?

I'm very, very interested in flying aerobatics professionally. There is a realistic possibility I could get sponsorship if I could prove my potential.

Back