Resolved Opera Browser and new forum software

SteveC

"Laconic"
Staff member
...is really laggy for me. Line scrolling, paging Up and Down, loading new pages are all jerky, slow, and unreliable.

I don't see the same issues on Firefox.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I don't know if there were any "tweaks" done in the last few minutes, but it has started running MUCH smoother. Latency almost completely gone...

I don't know if there were any "tweaks" done in the last few minutes, but it has started running MUCH smoother. Latency almost completely gone...
Tinkering around a bit with the back end.

Sounds nasty doesn't it? :)

I have a habit of clicking the New Threads button, then going down through the list and opening anything I want to look at in a new tab. It's not unusual for me to open 10 or 20 tabs in short order. It still seems to take a lot longer for those tabs to all download than it did with the old software, and I still experience the very slow response time while scrolling in any window while others are downloading in the background. Once all the tabs are fully loaded then everything runs smooth as silk and fast as a Learjet.

I have a habit of clicking the New Threads button, then going down through the list and opening anything I want to look at in a new tab. It's not unusual for me to open 10 or 20 tabs in short order. It still seems to take a lot longer for those tabs to all download than it did with the old software, and I still experience the very slow response time while scrolling in any window while others are downloading in the background. Once all the tabs are fully loaded then everything runs smooth as silk and fast as a Learjet.
opera, at least the mini, loads the pages on a remote server, and forwards to you phone small sized scaleable images. Often it's a remote issue, or likely an issue with the form on the opera browser. ( iPad or phone / android version. ) on a pc, I have no idea

On the phone I'm just looking at one page at a time. That loads just fine. The issue is on the PC. In fact I switched to the XenForo Default layout because it is much quicker than the JC Default. MUCH quicker loading multiple tabs concurrently.

On the phone I'm just looking at one page at a time. That loads just fine. The issue is on the PC. In fact I switched to the XenForo Default layout because it is much quicker than the JC Default. MUCH quicker loading multiple tabs concurrently.

ORLY?

I'll have to compare the template differences between them both and see what the dealio is.

Did you do some more tweaking? JS is working on Opera today (at least on this computer) much, MUCH better than it has before. JC Default skin and all.

Did you do some more tweaking? JS is working on Opera today (at least on this computer) much, MUCH better than it has before. JC Default skin and all.

Nah, not really!

Maybe it's processor related. Here at home, on a little netbook, it's still really laggy (new word?!?). :dunno:

Maybe it's processor related. Here at home, on a little netbook, it's still really laggy (new word?!?). :dunno:

Must be you, Steve.

I have used Opera for about 10 years now and it is has been great for me. I have only ever used Opera to browse JC and have had no problems. New JC forum software works great for me on my Windows Vista PC.

Kevin

Arf, arf, arf... :smoke:

Yeah, it's still really laggy but I'm thinking maybe it's hardware related on this netbook. Runs better (but still not great) on my work laptop with the same browser. Haven't taken time to look at what hardware is in each machine. When I have some free time I'll do some side-by-side with the laptop, netbook, and desktop sets. See what I can see.

Keep me informed. Also digging around the mfg.'s website for any Opera hints.

Back