OOPS This is going to be bad for General Aviation

Ok I'm usually pretty for pilots when they encounter TFRs but the White House is not some overnight TFR. What a dumb@ss.

Nah, it actually happens a little more than people think. Besides, I hear the TFR area is a little 'interesting' to circumnavigate.

circumnavigate.. i love that word...
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Interesting really isn't the word for it. I fly out of FME, right in the middle of the ADIZ and about 7 miles from the FRZ. This whole thing is such a waste of time and money for the government and the renters at our flight school. And people busting the FRZ and the ADIZ is far more common then the networks report, we know because many intercepted aircraft land right here...

Sometimes flying over the eastern seaboard, while monitoring 121.5/guard, I have to turn it off because regularly controllers are saying "...aircraft operating on the XYZ 300 degree radial at 15 miles, you are x miles from the prohibited area suggest immediate turn...(etc)"

Like the government wants us to always monitor 121.5 but that just means that the frequency is diluted with guys trying to cal ramp control on the wrong radio, calling ATC, having an idle conversation, etc.

Ahh mandates.

Hmmm....funny. I was up today in the arrow doing some landings at KRMN(stafford regional) and was flying back to Manassas,(KHEF) at 3000 and could see the washington monument from our position about 40 miles south of DC. All I have to say is DUMBA##. how do you even get yourself going up the river like that close enough to engage in white house airspace.....I would think that anyone within 60 miles of DC and is a pilot should be up to date on the TFR and the ADIZ. It has been drilled in to me since day 1 in teh cockpit. Oh well, someone is in a heap of trouble now.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for someone busting THAT airpace. I could possibly understand one of the TFRs following the president around, but the White House!?!? I could care a less how confusing or complicated it is! If you're THAT confused by it, go waaaaay around it!

The first thing that came to mind when I heard this today was that Bugs Bunny cartoon with the dumba$$ vulture. "Ummm...uhh.....yep.....I'm gonna get me a rabbit I am"

Back