OOPS- Part Deux... The FAA pays a visit!

sorrygottarunway

Lovenotes came from the FAA... Exciting stuff!

DSC02723.JPG

DSC02724.JPG

DSC02725.JPG

"Darth Vader theme music from Star Wars not immediately played upon my entry... Voume level too low..."

Dun dun dun dunt TA DA dunt TA DA...

Gawd...this is why people hate the FAA. Talking about an inspector with too much time on their hands. I've got a really nice 152 and yet some of those same fairings have cracks.

Don't ever let a fed inside your airplane if you can help it. Sometimes they just wander around the ramp looking for trouble. If this was a live, in person, ramp check...then I'd say you don't have much choice.

I didn't think you needed a POH...maybe that's just for older planes but I thought the placards were all that was required for part 91.

Landing light not required for day VFR....I guess to be legal you would need to placard it inop.

I'd take the plane back to the last IA and hope that he'll help you correct these things in an efficient and cost effective manner....after all, most IA's worry more about important things like cracks in a spar or engine condition than about how well you can read the compass correction card. I'd say he let some things go that this inspector flagged.

I wouldn't freak out about this...those fairings are kind of expensive for what they are but, all in all, it shouldn't be too costly to get your plane flying again.

This is not typical. I would say that someone pissed off the local FSDO.

Unless Ben Coleman was up north for a few days
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Landing light not required for day VFR....I guess to be legal you would need to placard it inop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not required at all actually day or night unless the plane is "for hire"
Nor do you need a taxi light. But it would suck without at least 1 of the 2
smile.gif

these are our flight school airplanes...

I don't hire 'em myself, but usually we just duct tape a flashlight to the nosegear assembly...

OH JUST KIDDING BUDS!

From what I heard, the FAA gentleman that was there was in quite a huffy mood by the time he made it to our FBO.

What an idiot!

He forgot to write up 1 missing screw in a trim panel and a darkened spot on the paint near the exhaust.

Seriously though, fire the CFI who's dating this persons spouse and call him/her back to reinspect.

Questions:

1.)How did he determine that the "Operating Limitations do not match the POH"?

2.) Do you suppose it would suffice to drill and/or tape the cracked fairings?

Declarative:

1.) "The Pilot Operating handbook (POH) is in poor condition." -- well F*** you too, buddy.

[ QUOTE ]
2.) Do you suppose it would suffice to drill and/or tape the cracked fairings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, if done in compliance with the methods in AC 43.13-1B/2A...
tongue.gif

Back