Oops...got to hate that!

HeyEng

From another forum:

Apparently a bi-plane was giving rides over at Outer Banks, NC this weekend. The story is that the pilot was not in the airplane (while it was running at idle) and the passenger that was IN the airplane and bumped the throttle. Whatever actually happened, it looks expensive!!!

Attachments

• DSC00182.jpg
    DSC00182.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00185.jpg
    DSC00185.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 207
They mentioned that the bi-plane is repairable but that the 310 will probably be written off. Of course, I am sure the insurance company still has a vote on it though.

From another forum:

Apparently a bi-plane was giving rides over at Outer Banks, NC this weekend. The story is that the pilot was not in the airplane (while it was running at idle) and the passenger that was IN the airplane and bumped the throttle. Whatever actually happened, it looks expensive!!!

That usually ends well :chair:

They mentioned that the bi-plane is repairable but that the 310 will probably be written off. Of course, I am sure the insurance company still has a vote on it though.

I doubt there's an old 310 out there that hasn't had its nose gear wiped off at some point. Even if the insurance company decides its totaled I'll bet someone will make it right... or Barron Thomas will come get it and next month you'll see it in trade-a-plane with NEW PAINT! ;)

I doubt there's an old 310 out there that hasn't had its nose gear wiped off at some point. Even if the insurance company decides its totaled I'll bet someone will make it right... or Barron Thomas will come get it and next month you'll see it in trade-a-plane with NEW PAINT! ;)

That's funny. Those fools call me about twice a week trying to buy my airplane for such a WONDERFUL price. :cool: I do like the postcards they send, pretty cool pics.

ehh... 310's like that one in nice condition are sort of hard to come by... and anyway, I hate to see any airplane in that state.

damn you think the 310 would have stood up a little better to the WACO...wonder how fast it was going.

Back