Only one more to go ...

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
I passed my Flight Instructor Airplane (CFI) written Sunday. So that leaves me with only one more written (outside of ATP and possibly the FE) to take before I'll have taken all of the basic/required writtens. Kinda scary walking into a pilot shop and knowing you've taken all of the tests associated with those "famous red books."

Looks like the ride is about a month out. Assuming the airplane ever becomes "un-broken."

smirk.gif

How did you study for that test? Other than the red book if anything?

I'm having a hard time, since I just using webexams.com for free, in finding sources behind the answers I get wrong.

This test is actually making me think, and I'd like to have a resource to go back to. To make sure I'm doing the right thinking, and not just getting lucky by guessing. I guess I want a justification for all my answers. I've been too cheap so far to pick up the Gleim book, because I'm not sure it'll be enough for what I really want, which is the reason behind the answer, not just the answer. That works for other tests, but I really want/need to know the stuff on this one.

Thanks,
Josh

Webexams and Gleim. But I also did my entire lesson-plan book before I took it. Doing/teaching the lessons helped brush up for the test as well.

But jsut buy the Gleim. It has exactly what you're looking for. They not only give you the right answers but the solutions/definitions/reason why its correct AND why the incorrect answersare incorrect.

Nice 602!

I am nipping at you heals. I think I found out today my checkride is scheduled for Dec. 18th!

Race ya!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a hard time, since I just using webexams.com for free, in finding sources behind the answers I get wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You basically have two choices IMHO: Gliem book or Gliem software. With the latter, you can do the tests like on webexams, but you'll get feedback. But it's gonna cost you $50+
shocked.gif

I went with the book and webexams. Total of $15 spent, got a 97% on the thing too
cool.gif

BTW I'm right with you guys; PA for a week on Wed., then I'll bust out the Comm and CFI rides within a week or two

[ QUOTE ]
you mean the planes still in the shop??? good luck on that!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! But we finally get the missing Turn Coordinator today (knock on vast amounts of wood) and hopefully we can con/force the shop into putting everything back together tomorrow. The carbs have been in for about a week now, though. So as soon as the TC gets here we're ready to go.

And man am I ready. I haven't flown since the St. Louis trip! (Or the get-together) I want to get a few hours in before my spin endorsement.
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think I found out today my checkride is scheduled for Dec. 18th!

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be one year to the day that I took my initial CFI ride.
smile.gif

Just a little useless info.

Good luck on your rides guys!
cool.gif

Back