Online degree recommendations?

based

Hello everyone,

So far I have a year of general coursework done from a local community college. Right now I am building my hours at a survey gig so I am unable to attend classes in person. I am interested in hearing some recommendations for an online course that would allow me to make some progress towards a degree while on the road 24/7. I have some free time sitting in hotels during evenings and on bad weather days. I did all part 61 training in cash and have no debt anywhere to pay off. Part of me just wants to do the most affordable program that will allow me to check the degree box. However, some of aviation courses I've researched apply some credits for having FAA ratings and I would really enjoy studying aviation topics.

If any of you have advice or testimony about a program that worked out for you, I'd love to hear!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Check the box as quickly and cheaply as possible! Check with the school you are at now if they have an online program you can continue with. It's easier to transfer degrees than individual classes.

Check the box as quickly and cheaply as possible! Check with the school you are at now if they have an online program you can continue with. It's easier to transfer degrees than individual classes.

Well a 2 year degree online is possible there and is dirt cheap. To go 4 year I could transfer everything to their partner Arizona State no issue. I would just have to discover what the heck I'd like to do outside of aviation!

Well a 2 year degree online is possible there and is dirt cheap. To go 4 year I could transfer everything to their partner Arizona State no issue. I would just have to discover what the heck I'd like to do outside of aviation!
I was a Spanish and math class away from my Geographic Information Systems degree. I wish I didn't wait for my classes required because I could have got a general degree in less time. My flying career took off and made it difficult to finish.

I was a Spanish and math class away from my Geographic Information Systems degree. I wish I didn't wait for my classes required because I could have got a general degree in less time. My flying career took off and made it difficult to finish.

GIS out here in PHX is stacking cheddar as there aren't very many of them here in AZ.

GIS out here in PHX is stacking cheddar as there aren't very many of them here in AZ.
Stacking cheddar here too but I would have to sit in an office 8 hours a day. Even if I couldn't fly I don't know if I could go back to it.

I finished a 4 year BA in a little less than 2 years at Thomas Edison State University. I used some prior college and FAA certificates towards some credit.
The total cost was under $6000. The key is to use as many alternate sources of credit as possible and then transfer it in. That's what made it cost effective and flexible enough to get it done.

Back