One Year Upgrade?

If there is only one or two places out there that will get you to the left seat quickly do you really want to be there?
I upgraded at Airnet in 18 months. I'm now back down to the most junior Co-pilot overnight. Things change. Also that magic 1000TPIC really isn't all that magical.
Where are you trying to eventually go?

If there is only one or two places out there that will get you to the left seat quickly do you really want to be there?
I upgraded at Airnet in 18 months. I'm now back down to the most junior Co-pilot overnight. Things change. Also that magic 1000TPIC really isn't all that magical.
Where are you trying to eventually go?

I'm thinking either heavy freight (in the long run) or fractional. If possible however, I would like to go some place with a bunch of different birds, because variety is way up there for me. I really like where I'm at now, its just not for me in the long run seing as that they don't have anything more complex than fixed wing high performance singles in the fleet as of yet. More than anything, I like smaller companies where you know the owner by name and recognize you as a person, which is tough to find in the heavy freight market. I'm open to ideas.

I would like to go some place with a bunch of different birds

baby-birds-picture.jpg

Calling airplanes "birds" is funny to me. :)

I think it needs to be repeated that it is often said that you don't know what the upgrade time is until you're sitting in upgrade class on day 1. There was no way I could have predicted that I would upgrade in 6 months at SYX and there's no way I could have predicted that I would be furloughed in 6 months at RP. It's all about timing and timing is never concrete.

In about a 18 months I"ll be looking for someplace with about a 1 year upgrade. Who out there is sitting at about a one year for an upgrade time, so that I can hit 23 and be in the left seat?
Lol. I know a place in New England you might have a shot at, its charter and you'll be gone 30 days a month but you'd be fine with that seeing as how you'd have to deign to an airline job. I hope your not thinking of coming to Mesaba, if so don't ask for my help or tell me ur name.

OTP. Mesaba is not a furlough basket, compass is. They can furlough exactly as many people back as are taken up. So right now 13 out of 1250 pilots.

Lol. I know a place in New England you might have a shot at, its charter and you'll be gone 30 days a month but you'd be fine with that seeing as how you'd have to deign to an airline job. I hope your not thinking of coming to Mesaba, if so don't ask for my help or tell me ur name.

OTP. Mesaba is not a furlough basket, compass is. They can furlough exactly as many people back as are taken up. So right now 13 out of 1250 pilots.

I'd love an airline job, I just can't reconcile the pay right now. But the sad truth of the matter is, I don't really know what I want.

I'd love an airline job, I just can't reconcile the pay right now. But the sad truth of the matter is, I don't really know what I want.
Welp from what you've said in the past I'd suggest keeping on the 135 stuff. Buddy of mine did some of what you did and he landed a sweet king air 200 job followed by right seat G4 and learjet 25 captain followed by left seat G4. I'm 27 and he's 26. You can do just as well with how hard you are working.

I'll tell you what a USairways captain said to me about work, "hit it hard". Good advice.

ZapBrannigan said:
Calling airplanes "birds" is funny to me. :)
...and pilots are drivers and the Atlantic is the pond and the Grand Canyon is the ditch....it all connotes a measured nonchalance. Tre cool, no?

BTW: my neighbor just had to be Capt in the Fire Dept before age 30. He just had to. It was a goal he had. Really.
He made it, barely, but all that counts is he made it. He wouldn't shut up about it.

Where I work now doesn't have multi turbine equipment, hell we don't even have multi piston (though we might get a 402 pretty soon, and if that happens I'll probably be here to stay for a while) we're single piston only. PIC is about it right now, and after a year and a half here, I'll be sitting at about 3000-3500TT with a bachelors, and 600TSIC, with 650 or so multi, and enough PIC to skin a cat

I might consider getting a bush job at that time, but only time will tell.

World Airways hires FO's with 4000TT and a 4 year degree. You would make about 50-60k a year as a first year FO on the MD11. My uncle is a Captain for them and has been working for the company for over 10 years now. He loves it. Get to fly all over the world, the only downside is you will have to be away from home a lot.

World Airways hires FO's with 4000TT and a 4 year degree. You would make about 50-60k a year as a first year FO on the MD11. My uncle is a Captain for them and has been working for the company for over 10 years now. He loves it. Get to fly all over the world, the only downside is you will have to be away from home a lot.

I would love this, this would be right up my alley, what are the mins except for 4000TT and a Bachelors? Is that it? I looked up their page a few days ago and was more than a little impressed, this looks like an awesome, awesome gig.

Back