One killed in Cape Air crash

USMC-SSGT

Just saw this in the news. I am envious of these guys and always stare when I walk from terminal A to B in logan and see the 402s online at their ramp. For those who have flown BOS,ACK,MVY they know that those can be some of the most demanding airports to continually operate out of. I know of the pilots name from an inside source but will not release it until it becomes public. The pilot had been there for a few years and was experienced.

WEST TISBURY, Mass.—The Federal Aviation Administration says a pilot has been killed in the crash of a small Cape Air plane on Martha's Vineyard.

FAA spokeswoman Holly Baker says the pilot was the only person aboard the Cessna 402 aircraft, Flight 1055. She said it went down at about 8:05 p.m. in West Tisbury shortly after leaving the Martha's Vineyard airport en route to Boston's Logan International Airport.
State Police Lt. Eric Anderson said the plane went down on Nip and Tuck Lane, and debris did some damage to a nearby house, but no one on the ground was injured. He said the pilot of the six-passenger, two-engine plane was a man whose name was not immediately released.
The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating.
The airline did not immediately return a call to comment.

hmm, i have a former/current student flying for them (SIC program) hopefully all is well.

RIP to whomever though!

Two of my best friends from school are flying for them. Here's hoping I don't get any calls about it.

RIP - the wx was not good last night and was getting worse. Accident happened at 0005Z.

KMVY 270030Z 10010KT 1 3/4SM +RA BR BKN002 OVC011 20/19 A3016 RMK AO2 CIG 002V007 P0014
KMVY 262353Z 11005KT 5SM -RA BR OVC004 19/18 A3017 RMK AO2 RAB05 SLP217 P0000 60059 T01940183 10200 20183 58004

One of my old instructors flies for them, and has for a while. So, I'm trying to get more details. He's "been there for a while and is experienced."

Back