One dead in Ohio from fire suppression system incident

Damn. RIP.

"Safety and training are part of our culture and incidents like the one that happened yesterday validate that focus," Corado said.

Good to hear.

"from eye injury to electrical shock"

Either the worst fire suppression installers or the worst fire fighters.

Either the worst fire suppression installers or the worst fire fighters.

Or, it could be a fire suppression system working as designed with known risks and firefighters being firefighters.

It’s tough to restrain firefighters from rescuing somebody.

There was a similar death at Eglin AFB a few years ago after an inadvertent release of HEF foam in a hangar.

Last edited:
An FO accidentally did that to me in a Brasilia and put the plane out of service, goodtimes. Turns out he was on IOE and went ahead of the CA and made a boo boo in the cold and dark bird at night.

CA comes up with the FA and coffee and looks confused by all the commotion and the FO just shouts, "I effed up".

Can't imagine an entire hangar suffocating you...damn. Really tragic.

An FO accidentally did that to me in a Brasilia and put the plane out of service, goodtimes. Turns out he was on IOE and went ahead of the CA and made a boo boo in the cold and dark bird at night.

CA comes up with the FA and coffee and looks confused by all the commotion and the FO just shouts, "I effed up".

Can't imagine an entire hangar suffocating you...damn. Really tragic.

I'm guessing, although I don't know, traumatic (head) injury from a slip and fall is more likely than suffocation - although I suppose that is likely possible, too. The stuff is slippery as hell but, in my experience, you can breathe in it. Doesn't matter ultimately, I guess - dead is dead and the grief is the same for those left behind.

I'm guessing, although I don't know, traumatic (head) injury from a slip and fall is more likely than suffocation - although I suppose that is likely possible, too. The stuff is slippery as hell but, in my experience, you can breathe in it. Doesn't matter ultimately, I guess - dead is dead and the grief is the same for those left behind.

It doesn’t take much ingestion to trigger a respiratory/cardiac emergency. It could have been something freakish like a fall but others had electrical shock injuries, maybe that’s what happened to the deceased.

Back