On Libya, Isreal, and ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27505

Intensifying waste receptacle conflagrations...

IS is Dead. Long Live IS.
Libya is burning.
Israel reelects zealot.

Film at 11 ... th hour.

Hemingway... probably best to avoid Libya for a spell.

A damn shame to see this, the aviation industry in Libya just can't get a break. Every time they are on track for recovery, the airport gets assaulted again.

Nice idea to oust Gadafi.....working out well.
I know there is plenty of evidence that he used terrorism as a means of negotiation(Pan Am 103, shooting down a Libyan 727 just to blame the accident on a lack of spare parts due to US sanctions, ect), but after some research over the last few years, many of the citizens probably had it better under Gadafi than they ever will again in their lifetimes.

I know there is plenty of evidence that he used terrorism as a means of negotiation(Pan Am 103, shooting down a Libyan 727 just to blame the accident on a lack of spare parts due to US sanctions, ect), but after some research over the last few years, many of the citizens probably had it better under Gadafi than they ever will again in their lifetimes.

He was a bad guy in many ways during the late 70s and through the 80s, and we indeed had situations with him culminating in the 1986 raid on Libya. About a decade or so after that, he seemed to really temper down, to the point where with the rise of muslim extremism, Gadafi actually became a rational player. He kept the extreme elements generally out of Libya, and was generally holding the place together. He even prophetically warned us what would happen with Libya if we were to help oust him......and, he was right. But we didn't listen.

A damn shame to see this, the aviation industry in Libya just can't get a break. Every time they are on track for recovery, the airport gets assaulted again.

Libya.... Probably... Wasn't behind Pan Am 103. Certainly the trial of Megrahi was a farce.

Libya.... Probably... Wasn't behind Pan Am 103. Certainly the trial of Megrahi was a farce.
Interesting, I know nothing of this so I'll have to do some reading, I hadn't read anything contrary to Gadafi ordering the attack.

Hemingway... probably best to avoid Libya for a spell.

Was there a time after we went after Gaddafi where it was a safe spot to be? It's been in infighting and civil war for sometime and as bad as this might seem once Tripoli falls the country will be united for the first time since we decided to topple him.

As much as Gaddafi was hated by certain Libyans it was interesting to see his fathers opponents finally free his sole living son perhaps tacitly admitting the country was better off with his father in power as he'd been sentenced to death years before. He actually dated an Israeli actress who pled for his life which is pretty incredible when you think about it. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi - Wikipedia

I once went to an African student event on campus, mostly with students from sub-Saharan Africa and they thought very highly of Gaddafi and his Pan-African aims. I don't have many opinions, but it was always educational hearing their perspective as I don't think the media portrayal of Africa and many other places always does it justice.

Back