Omi Air International

dxxm747 said:
Thanks womanpilot73, it's been a good run. I've been here since 05' and it's been a blast. A few major's are hiring now so maybe I'll get a call back. One other thing about supp is the work schedule is (in my opinion) better. 4 on 4 off but 12 hour days means lots of free time or even at UPS they get 4 on 3 off 10 hour days. To me that beats 5/2/5/3 8 hour days.

I agree...I currently work 4 on 4 off and love it. The $$ is also better than regional work so that has also been a plus.

I wish you the best... Even though I'm still technically a newbie, I know it's tough going thru what EIA is, as you know. Good luck on wherever you land! :)

How long would you all recommend staying at a supp now? two years max? It seems to be unpredictable as to how long they keep their contracts.

nyk said:
How long would you all recommend staying at a supp now? two years max? It seems to be unpredictable as to how long they keep their contracts.

I'm not sure why you would put a "max" on how long to stay. I mean if you are using it for experience and as a stepping stone to get on at a major, stay until that door opens (provided business is going good at the Supp). I would probably still be at RIA had they not closed up shop.

The main thing to look at and avoid is a Supp that relies heavily on DOD contracts as their main source of revenue, as that flying is clearly drying up. Of course that can always change at any time and it again becomes a very lucrative source. But currently it is not.

I've learned that you have to be flexible about where you work and where you live in this industry. I'm sure we all have a target goal but until we get there, flexibility is key. There's no black and white answer to these questions, as each of our situations and needs are different. But hopefully you can get enough good advice from here to help guide you toward a decision that is best for you.

Good luck! :)

Back