OKC training

chellelynn83

Hi everyone this is my very first post on here. So far everything i have read has been SO helpful! I am taking my PEPC August 14 in chicago. Im pretty sure if everything goes well I will be at MBS in michigan. This is a terminal TRACON . (hope i said that right) I have heard that the training in OKC for terminal in 3 months. Will i be there longer because it is a TRACON?

The correct term is Terminal with an up/down. You will spend three months in OKC, go to your terminal and then come back for RTF which will be the training for the Tracon.

Hi everyone this is my very first post on here. So far everything i have read has been SO helpful! I am taking my PEPC August 14 in chicago. Im pretty sure if everything goes well I will be at MBS in michigan. This is a terminal TRACON . (hope i said that right) I have heard that the training in OKC for terminal in 3 months. Will i be there longer because it is a TRACON?

Have you gotten confirmation for the 14th of Chicago, or is that just what you requested?

I am waiting to hear for confirmation for the Chicago PEPC on the 13th...

Basically reiterating what kenie311 said...

MBS is an up/down facility... that means it's a combined tower/TRACON... "up" being the tower portion and "down" being the TRACON portion. You'll train in OKC for about 12 weeks (5 weeks of basics, 7 weeks of tower cab). Then, it is my understanding, that you will go to MBS and check out on all the tower positions, and then you will return to OKC for a few more weeks of radar training for the TRACON... then you'll return to MBS and check out on the TRACON portion.

None of us have for the Chicago batch, and someone just posted in the Chicago PEPC thread that the person who is supposed to be in charge of organizing has a message on their voicemail that they're out of town until August 4th. Maybe they're at the memphis one?

I called and talked to terry owens. She said she will be sending out the confirmation emails within a couple of days. She said to tell people to stop emailing her and she would get them out faster. I also asked about the rumors going around about them canceling the Chicago PEPC and the canceling of the OKC classes. She says that they are only rumors and not to listen to them. She said that the Chicago PEPC confirmation will be on a first come first serve basis. So people who replied right away will have a better chance. She used the example that there may be 40 opening spots for the PEPC, but 90 people could have responded.

Back