OKC Folks... anyone feel the earthquake?

BoomerSooner77

I heard there was a 3.4 earthquake just over 10 miles NE of Chickasha early this morning (which isn't too far from Norman/Moore/S OKC).

I know it's not that strong of an earthquake... just wondering if anyone felt it.

I farted really loud earlier; possibly simultaneously with the earthquake because I felt and heard nothing! :whatever:

I heard there was a 3.4 earthquake just over 10 miles NE of Chickasha early this morning (which isn't too far from Norman/Moore/S OKC).

I know it's not that strong of an earthquake... just wondering if anyone felt it.

I feel earthquakes everyday...it's usually the guy up front bouncing his foot on the feaux floors we enjoy in the Stafford Building.

I was already back asleep after calling the weather line and getting to sleep in 3 more hours :)

I was there bright and early at 0645...I couldn't interpret the WX hotline recorded message. "there's a 3 hour delay...you're approved to report at normal reporting time...liberal leave authorized." WTF? So...there's a 3 hour delay, but i am authorized to show up on time if I decide to, but at the same time you'll approve leave if I decide to take it?

I had a block test today and just decided to show up early and get some study time in. Made a 97!

I feel earthquakes everyday...it's usually the guy up front bouncing his foot on the feaux floors we enjoy in the Stafford Building.

I was there bright and early at 0645...I couldn't interpret the WX hotline recorded message. "there's a 3 hour delay...you're approved to report at normal reporting time...liberal leave authorized." WTF? So...there's a 3 hour delay, but i am authorized to show up on time if I decide to, but at the same time you'll approve leave if I decide to take it?

I had a block test today and just decided to show up early and get some study time in. Made a 97!

Yeah it's kind of ambiguous but if you call the student services number they have a weather recording just for the academy.

Which block? I just took the block two test, 10 minutes ago actually. Waiting for everyone else to finish.

EDIT: nevermind, you're in the stafford building, meaning you're not in basics lol

Yeah it's kind of ambiguous but if you call the student services number they have a weather recording just for the academy.

Which block? I just took the block two test, 10 minutes ago actually. Waiting for everyone else to finish.

EDIT: nevermind, you're in the stafford building, meaning you're not in basics lol

Haha...that means you still have to sit through the weather block. Ouch. How're BZ, BT, and CS? Remember...Western's always last. Even when there's no one else...Western's always last lol.

Haha...that means you still have to sit through the weather block. Ouch. How're BZ, BT, and CS? Remember...Western's always last. Even when there's no one else...Western's always last lol.
Not sure who those folks are. I have TB, NE & DG. Western?

Not sure who those folks are. I have TB, NE & DG. Western?

Disregard...I remember you saying in another thread that you guys were in the same classroom I had. I was thinking you had the same instructors, but I forgot their next class was a bunch of enrouters.

We had an instructor who used to work at LAS. Western Airlines (old airline based out of McCarren) pilots always got under his skin. He'd joke how when they checked on they would immediately ask their sequence....still 40 miles out. He'd tell them they were last and they'd ask who was in front of them. He'd say "No one, you're still last." It was kind of a running joke through the course.

He told us a story about one late night when a Western flight and some other flight (we'll say Delta) were both the same distance out. He was working approach and lightheartedly asked who wanted to go first. Someone key'd up and said "Ah, let Western go ahead." A bit of silence followed, then Delta key'd up and said "Uh, this is Delta 123...we didn't say that."

In addition to Western always going last, also remember: Never trust a pilot.

Back