OKC En Route Map...

Victor airways is the name of the airways on the map. They are either Victor or Jet airways. (you only need to know Victor). Look at the lines on the top it will say V245 or V18 (victor two four five). Those are the names of the airways. Below those will be a number like 5000 or 3000....and that is the minimum altitude a plane has to be at on that airway

Thanks for the lesson!!!:):):) I do have one question. What is MIA chart??

I think I know what it is but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks for the lesson!!!:):):) I do have one question. What is MIA chart??

I think I know what it is but I am not 100% sure.

ok, im gonna try to explain it best i can....

if you look at the airways, each one has a Minimum Altitude (either 3000, 4000, or 5000). what that chart says is that if a plane is flying above V278, and not on an airway, it has to be a minimum altitude of 3200. and it is flying below V278, but above V18 then it has to be at 2500 ft min. alt. And below V18, it has to be at 2700ft min. alt.

that is a chart for planes NOT on an airway.

Hope that made sense

has anyone memorized this map yet? i think i got like 70% of it down. i was hopin to have it 100% known by the PEPC so i'd be able to tell the interviewer that i know it all. dont know if that would help seeing as everyone gets the TOL from the PEPC unless you headbutt the interviewer like this :banghead:

ok, im gonna try to explain it best i can....

if you look at the airways, each one has a Minimum Altitude (either 3000, 4000, or 5000). what that chart says is that if a plane is flying above V278, and not on an airway, it has to be a minimum altitude of 3200. and it is flying below V278, but above V18 then it has to be at 2500 ft min. alt. And below V18, it has to be at 2700ft min. alt.

that is a chart for planes NOT on an airway.

Hope that made sense

OK I think your on the right track, but let try and clear some things up. MIA seems like the same thing pilots know as OROCA – Off Route Obstruction Clearance Altitude. You also talked about above V18, ( thats confusing) because Victor airways start at 3000 and go up to 17,999 and are 8 miles wide. I think you meant to say north or south of V278. I bet if you looked at a low enroute chart you would see the same numbers.

OK I think your on the right track, but let try and clear some things up. MIA seems like the same thing pilots know as OROCA – Off Route Obstruction Clearance Altitude. You also talked about above V18, ( thats confusing) because Victor airways start at 3000 and go up to 17,999 and are 8 miles wide. I think you meant to say north or south of V278. I bet if you looked at a low enroute chart you would see the same numbers.

no i had it correct, but let me use different language....

if a plane is NOT flying on one of the airways on the map then the controller needs to reffer to the MIA Chart for rules on how to control them.....

- If a plane is flying NORTH of V278 then it has a Minimum Alt of 3200ft
- If a Plane is flying South of V278, and North of V18, then it has a Minimum Alt of 2500ft
- If a plane is flying South of V18 then it has a Minimum Alt of 2700ft

Nah, you should study your facility map to find the best route to the break room, toilet and smoking area.

Give it up for Boomer sooner having the best quotes which are usually pretty funny and not just lame, pathetic or crude. Give it up boomer sooner!:yeahthat:

has anyone memorized this map yet? i think i got like 70% of it down. i was hopin to have it 100% known by the PEPC so i'd be able to tell the interviewer that i know it all. dont know if that would help seeing as everyone gets the TOL from the PEPC unless you headbutt the interviewer like this :banghead:

I mezmorized it in CTI school and then promptly dumped it all out of my head. Although I can't seem to dislodge RINKY and DINKY. Grr.

Your interviewer probably won't give a rat's south-pole about memorizing the map, but it will probably help you when you get to OKC. If they haven't changed the map by then (probably not...).

The best idea I've heard in a long time. :yup:

bippoptl--Thanks for the maps! You turned into an okay guy after getting rid of your creepy avatar! :sarcasm:

I never got to see it....what was it? I feel like I am missing out on a good joke.

so....any confirmation on what term folks are studying nowadays?

Share with the class! Share with the class!

You were too quick... I added what it was. I'm a girl, mind you... and that avatar... ::shudders::

There was an entire thread about whether or not bippoptl should delete his avatar... and in that thread, he told us the story behind the picture. It did make it slightly less disturbing...

Back