OKC during the holiday's

wve_iii

Anyone on here that has been in OKC during the holdays? Im kinda wondering how they are gonna work it? I would assume at the least we get the holiday its self off? But like Christmas the Prez usually gives christmas eve or the day after off to federal employees. Can anyone shed more light on how they worked this when they were there?

Anyone on here that has been in OKC during the holdays? Im kinda wondering how they are gonna work it? I would assume at the least we get the holiday its self off? But like Christmas the Prez usually gives christmas eve or the day after off to federal employees. Can anyone shed more light on how they worked this when they were there?

Well that just blows!!! According to Student Services we only get Thanksgiving day off and Christmas day off. I was hopping since it's the accademy we would get the day after thanksgiving off and Christmas eve off too. Oh well we better get sue to it!!!

I hope that we are there for the holidays! It would be fun...new and different holiday experience!

I hope that we are there for the holidays! It would be fun...new and different holiday experience!

To be young again....

Anyways, is that the official word or could that change depending on whether the president makes that friday after Christmas (Dec. 26) a government holiday.

It would be nice to get one more Christmas to spend with the fam.

Thats what im thinking? I wish there was someone here who has actually been through the academy recently to see what happened with them?

To be young again....

Anyways, is that the official word or could that change depending on whether the president makes that friday after Christmas (Dec. 26) a government holiday.

It would be nice to get one more Christmas to spend with the fam.

Actually, I think it would be fun for our little family to have our own holiday in OKC. After this year we will be back in SLC with all our extended family. I know our situation is different. I am going to OKC with my husband and we will only be away from our extended family for the few months in OKC. There are a lot of people that are leaving family for OKC and moving away from family for the job. We have always spent all the holidays with our parents and such, so this will be a different experience. I think it would be fun.

Well, regardless of the days off, I will be in OKC for the Holidays, I may drive a couple hours south and spend them with my cousin in TX.

I spoke to Elaine in HR yesterday about the schedule. She said that the academy will be having classes on all normal days except federal holidays. (Nov. 27 and Dec. 25). So unlike college there is no extra time off. The training is just like any other job (but without annual leave, ugh).

So unlike college there is no extra time off. The training is just like any other job (but without annual leave, ugh).

Yay, I'm a work addict so this will suit me well. (who needs time off!?:drool:)

I'm working 10 days a week as-is :panic: (8-hrs * 10 shifts)

Back