Available: OKC-Aero-Fitness Health Center

The Earlywine Y is in a very nice area ($300k+ homes). My fiance is a member there. It's also a nice complex with an outdoor water park, very nice tennis center, and outdoor running track around the grounds. It's probably the closest Y to the academy but the opposite direction from the FAA housing.

It would be convenient for those living in the Moore area (The Fairways and The Greens).

That's good if it's nice, I might have to check it out myself.....Unfortunately there is not a 24 hr fitness in OK, so I will have to resort to an alternative gym...I know some nice area's ($300k+ homes) can have some real crappy areas ($60,000 homes) right be side them. So that we do not offend anyone, here is a disclaimer. The value of a house does not always determine the quality of a neighborhood.

That's good if it's nice, I might have to check it out myself.....Unfortunately there is not a 24 hr fitness in OK, so I will have to resort to an alternative gym...I know some nice area's ($300k+ homes) can have some real crappy areas ($60,000 homes) right be side them. So that we do not offend anyone, here is a disclaimer. The value of a house does not always determine the quality of a neighborhood.
Couldn't agree with you more. But I've lived 2 miles away from the Earlywine YMCA for 3 years now and like I said, my gf that lives with me is a member there. I would be a member there too but I like the convenience of working out at the academy since I work there and can lift during my lunch break or before/after work. It's a very nice Y and is newly built. Like I also said, it's out the south gate of the academy where as the FAA housing is all out the north (well now the west gate since they closed the north gate). I don't recommend joining the Y's here since you do have to pay an anual fee upon signing up as well as a monthly fee. I think the academy gym is a better bargain (around $50/month and you don't pay a huge sign up fee). Unless you can transfer your membership to a local Y in your facility's area and not have to pay the initiation/anual fee again, I would stick with Aero-Fitness or live in an apartment that has a nice work-out facility.

As a student you can buy day/weekly/monthly passes to the academy gym. So if your apartment gym doesn't suffice for you, then go buy a month pass at the academy gym. It turns out to be less than $2 a day if you buy a month pass.

If you are looking for a pool and gym stay at the Isola Bella. It has five pools (one is a indoor olympic size pool) and a gym. I have a two bedroom reserved there and am looking forward to using them daily.

Take a look at this link:
http://www.apartmentfinder.com/details.aspx?aptid=1018

Olympic_Pool.jpg

bb_court.jpg

E9FE437E-9BFA-4382-AF98-F916CED007F2.jpg

:drool: what are the rates?

You must have missed the part where I said I would torrent it, meaning free :D

No, I did not miss your use of the word "torrent". I was just letting everyone else know that it's expensive. Obviously there are people that will pay $140 for 12 DVD's but I have a hard enough time paying $10 for one CD. The art of piracy is so beautiful...not that I pirate cd's or dvd's

Torrent:

1 : a tumultuous outpouring : rush
2 : a violent stream of a liquid (as water or lava)
3 : a channel of a mountain stream

I believe one hour per day, nothin too bad. Besides what else am I gonna do between classes. Of course I mean besides study, fantasy football, wii, beer, etc....

It's actually very exhilarating!!!! I have watched all 12 dvd's but I've been to busy to stick with the program.;)

How much working out per day is it? It looks like each DVD focuses on a different part of the body. Do you have to use each DVD daily? Seems like a hassle.

How much working out per day is it? It looks like each DVD focuses on a different part of the body. Do you have to use each DVD daily? Seems like a hassle.

The purpose of the p90x workout is "muscle confusion". Therefore, everyday you are doing a different workout/DVD. This is why p90x is so effective, your body does not have time to adapt!!!!

I believe there are three workout programs. The "classic", Lean, and doubles. Classic is the easiest, but there is nothing easy about it. On average you will workout a 1hr per day.

The "classic" work out is as follows:
Phase 1:
Weeks 1-3
Day_1 Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
_2 Plyometrics
_3 Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
_4 Yoga X
_5 Legs & Back, Ab ripper X
_6 Kenpo X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Week 4
Day_1 Yoga X
_2 Plyometrics
_3 Kenpo X
_4 X Stretch
_5 Core Synergistics
_6 Yoga X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Phase 2
Weeks 5-7
Day_1 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
_2 Plyometrics
_3 Back & Biceps Arms, Ab Ripper X
_4 Yoga X
_6 Kenpo X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Week 8
Day_1 Yoga X
_2 Core Synergistics
_3 Kenpo X
_4 X Stretch
_5 Core Synergistics
_6 Yoga X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Phase 3
Weeks 9 & 11
Repeat work out from weeks 1 -3

Weeks 10 & 12
Repeat work out from weeks 5-7

Week 13
Repeat workout from week 4

This is probably way to much information but oh well. :D

The purpose of the p90x workout is "muscle confusion". Therefore, everyday you are doing a different workout/DVD. This is why p90x is so effective, your body does not have time to adapt!!!!

I believe there are three workout programs. The "classic", Lean, and doubles. Classic is the easiest, but there is nothing easy about it. On average you will workout a 1hr per day.

The "classic" work out is as follows:
Phase 1:
Weeks 1-3
Day_1 Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
_2 Plyometrics
_3 Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
_4 Yoga X
_6 Kenpo X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Week 4
Day_1 Yoga X
_2 Plyometrics
_3 Kenpo X
_4 X Stretch
_5 Core Synergistics
_6 Yoga X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Phase 2
Weeks 5-7
Day_1 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
_2 Plyometrics
_3 Back & Biceps Arms, Ab Ripper X
_4 Yoga X
_6 Kenpo X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Week 8
Day_1 Yoga X
_2 Core Synergistics
_3 Kenpo X
_4 X Stretch
_5 Core Synergistics
_6 Yoga X
_7 Rest or X Stretch

Phase 3
Weeks 9 & 11
Repeat work out from weeks 1 -3

Weeks 10 & 12
Repeat work out from weeks 5-7

Week 13
Repeat workout from week 4

This is probably way to much information but oh well. :D

Can women do it, or is it a guy workout? Do you need a bunch of equipment?

I did P90X last year and put on about 20lbs with a little help from a friend whos a personal trainer. I went from 170lbs to 190lbs in under 90 days. I never finished the program because of an injury but the only thing you need is a chin-up bar, set of dumbells, and push up bars if you choose to use them. Best workout for those that want to do some thing in their home and get a good workout. But after a little while you'll start to peak and then you'll either need to "step the program up" or go to the regular gym and lift more. It works for women and men.

There are "workout bands" that you can use instead of traditional weights. Therefore you don't have to worry about gaining a lot of muscle weight. If you happen to plateau you can step it up and do doubles for a week or two. All doubles is working out twice a day.

Back