OKC 8/5.. ZDC bound anyone?

ZDCATC13

Hey everyone, finally after Pubnat4 im there on 8/5 bound for ZDC where im a Remote Pilot currently. Anyone else going this time or going to ZDC? Finally the Hurry up and wait is over!

I am also ZDC bound from PUBNAT 4. I choose to go the traditional route and do a local interview. I had it a couple weeks ago and am now still waiting to hear whats next. Still have to do security clearance, medial, etc. Did yall do the PEPC route? I hope to get an OK date soon, assuming all goes well with clearances and such! :laff:

I chose the PEPC route too, found out it was several months faster then the traditional route. Where you all from? Background etc?

I am down in the Hampton Roads area of VA. I am CNU graduate with a Finance degree. No background in ATC. I interviewed at ZDC and got a tour. It was awesome and I am very excited to get started on this new career. How about you?

I'm from Richmond and currently teach high school. I have no ATC background but am looking forward to starting training.

Yea they called me about my class date. I graduated last may from Shepherd University with a teaching degree and started working at ZDC July 1st as a Remote Pilot. I know the insides and outs of ZDC, both of my parents are controllers are there and i know maybe 75 other controllers, managers, supes, all the training instructors, even where our classrooms are and everything. So ask away and ill answer w.e. i can on here. O and im from frederick md, about 40 minutes from leesburg which is where ZDC is. Keep in touch you all! Were gonna need to work together to pass OKC especially the PV at the end!! How olds everyone? kids? etc.. Im 22 and single, just curious for how OKC is going to be! take care, bobby

Yea they called me about my class date. I graduated last may from Shepherd University with a teaching degree and started working at ZDC July 1st as a Remote Pilot. I know the insides and outs of ZDC, both of my parents are controllers are there and i know maybe 75 other controllers, managers, supes, all the training instructors, even where our classrooms are and everything. So ask away and ill answer w.e. i can on here. O and im from frederick md, about 40 minutes from leesburg which is where ZDC is. Keep in touch you all! Were gonna need to work together to pass OKC especially the PV at the end!! How olds everyone? kids? etc.. Im 22 and single, just curious for how OKC is going to be! take care, bobby

Yay you're the only other single person going that I've seen post. I'm not alone! 23 and single here...though I'll be 24 (mid twenties oh god :() by the time I get to OKC.

ZDCATC13, I don't know if I will be in OKC with you. Hopefully I will get a date sooner than later. But thanks for all the info on ZDC. What can you tell me about Leesburg? I went up there for my interview, but that was my first time up there, and I really didn't get to look around much. Do alot of the controllers live in Leesburg? Or do they commute from other local areas? I am 25 and single.

beachbumva, leesburg is a very very expensive place to live! even though the avg controller at zdc is making roughly 130k (should be more, but no contract ='s little to no raises) only 25% live in Leesburg. Majority of the controllers live in either nearby MD ( frederick, a decent place to live its about 30 mins away) or nearby WV ( charlestown, a great place to live and very cheap! butttt.. it is WV tho, so thats on you haha) Either way dont plan on living in leesburg or you will be a controller your whole life and will barely make it for the first 5 or so years. To everyone else going out there i know maybe 15 people that just got back, all with cti backgrounds and they said it was easy most of the time but had its tough spots. So i would suggest that we all work together to make it out there. We have to be out for ourselves; however, on the floor the person next to you is just as important so we may as well start helping each other to pass. What have you all decided on for living accommodations, etc? Lets keep in touch so we can kick OKC's ass!

ZDC here. 8/5.

I think thats a great idea that we all work together. It definitely isn't
going to be easy and it will be good to hear our different perspectives
on certain problems. I am 30 and newly married, no kids. :D

Back