Okay, which JC'er is this?

Backstory is apparently a pax was in the forward lav when the crew left the aircraft. The pax opened the door to the lav, which shut the cockpit door.

Backstory is apparently a pax was in the forward lav when the crew left the aircraft. The pax opened the door to the lav, which shut the cockpit door.
That's pretty good. Only better answer I can imagine is someone's child/helper monkey inadvertently locked themselves in.

Or someone was trying to hack the ACARS block times, but it went wrong.

Must be horrible to talk about it failing into a secured position.

That said, a quick Google search reveals all the "secrets." YouTube videos included.

Yes, the internet is full of things that shouldn't be there. No doubt. However, I was expecting to see, and not at all shocked when it happened that a pilot at an airline would get into details of "This could only happen when the henweight & fetzer valves were both open, if Mr. Fusion was depleted thus leaving the coffee maker hot bus offline and voila...."

Fun fact, if you can get into the cargo bay of a 350, you can access the E&E compartment and the server racks. There's then a ladder leading up to a hatch behind the captains seat.

Until you have a whoopsie and then make the airplane go bad. I love that story.

Without knowing the story, my takeaway is do something so stupid that no one has done it before. So they have to create a rule about doing the stupid thing after you’ve caused the incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without knowing the story, my takeaway is do something so stupid that no one has done it before. So they have to create a rule about doing the stupid thing after you’ve caused the incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty fair assessment in general.

This specific story didn't result in a change of policy though because what happened was so basic common sense (on multiple levels) that it really shouldn't happen again.

Story for over beverages if you end up out on hnl ever or at an NJC.

Back