okay, i give up... what does RYY stand for???

I fly out of KNEW which is Lakefront New Orleans...they used "new" out of "New Orleans" for identifier. The airport used to be called Shushan field and before that was an Army airfield. Now, due to some corruption charges involving Mr. Shushan I guess they decided not to use that name. New Orleans International (KMSY) actually comes from Moisant field and Moisant Stock Yard. Some people would call New Orleans approach "moisant approach," at first it sounded weird to me but I used it few times.

Ummm, actually Orlando International Airport is situated right where the old McCoy Air Force Base once was. That is how they got that identifier, MCO was the identifier of the air force base.

I just remember that MCO stands for Mickey's Corporate Office. A little silly but I never missed a routing for bags when I was a customer service agent.

New Orleans International (KMSY) actually comes from Moisant field and Moisant Stock Yard.

And before it was a stock yard, it was a field where one John B. Moisant planted his craft at the end of his last ever flight.

Anybody else ever feel the divot in the runway landing 27?

Well, then maybe RYY means Runway's Yucky, Y'all.

That's why Surreal and I live in Coweta.

I can see Coweta from my house.

Well. . .I actually do wear shoes, and I don't necessarily think my cousins are cute.

;)

But yes, everything NORTH of the 10 Localizer is Yankee country to me.

Brews again here soon?

Funny how 15 years ago...there was NOTHING in Coweta County. And yes, I take Cobb County over anything SOUTH of the Chattahoochee. Too many snobs in East Snob for you Josh?

I especially like the move where in ATL (Fulton) during the drought they told the citizens to cut back on water use which the citizens did.. and then due to reduced revenues, ATL added a surcharge to the water bills and raised rates.

Gotta love it...

OOOO, that would make me BURN. I'm sorry jerks, but drought = paycut.

Atlanta's problem wasn't the lack of revenue because of the drought, but because their whole water infrastructure is falling apart. This is largely thanks to the past 3-4 administrations worrying more about renaming the streets and handing out contracts at Hartsfield to their buddies than maintaining the city infrastructure.

East Cobb is nothing compared to the John's Creek area when it comes to snobs.

I forgot about JC. Funny, I had NO idea about the "incorporated JC" until a friend moved out there. I had NO clue where he was talking about...my how things change. I bet Roswell is a hot bed of snobbery too!!! :)

Unrelated to aviation but isn't Atlanta's water system run by a private company?

Edit: Nevermind, just looked it up and Atlanta took back control of its system in 2003.

I have seen quite a few airport codes that don't seem to make sense. How did they come up with JQF for Concord, NC?

KGEG (Spokane International Airport) Use to be Geiger AAF and was also know as Sunset Field (because its located on sunset hill)

From Wiki:D

The airport code MCO stands for the airport's former name, McCoy Air Force Base, a Strategic Air Command (SAC) installation named for Colonel Michael Norman Wright McCoy, USAF, commander of the 321st Bombardment Wing at the then-Pinecastle Air Force Base. Col McCoy died in the crash of a B-47 Stratojet during the annual Strategic Air Command (SAC) Bombing and Navigation Competition that was held at the base in 1957. Pinecastle AFB was later renamed McCoy AFB in his honor the following year.

...so I reading today that with I-75 and I-85, ATL is becoming or has become a major distribution hub for the Mexican drug cartels and that this year alone there has been more than 4300 drug related deaths in Mexico. ATL is getting more violent as the drugs move in.

I was talking to a sheriff on the southside and he said the weaponry down there is enough to water your eyes... automatics such as AK-47s are routine. Can't verify the accuracy of this but it also will water your eyes...
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Atlanta&state=GA

Meanwhile in recent articles, various mucky-mucks in the ATL government are using gov coffers like their personal accounts having get-togethers for their voters at tax payers expense.

Anyway.. not the city I grew up in. Not any more.

I was talking to a sheriff on the southside and he said the weaponry down there is enough to water your eyes... automatics such as AK-47s are routine. Can't verify the accuracy of this but it also will water your eyes...
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Atlanta&state=GA

Once again, why I live in Newnan:
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Newnan&state=GA

And, Peachtree City is even better:
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Peachtree+City&state=GA

Back