OK, who's gonna win the AOPA bi-plane?

Bryan

OK, who\'s gonna win the AOPA bi-plane?

... and place your bets on how long between delivery and the winner selling it. Nice plane but it's not very practical. Anyway, good luck!

Re: OK, who\'s gonna win the AOPA bi-plane?

If I when it will imediately go up for sale. I would then purchase a loaded brand new C172.

Exactly what I would do--and the 172 would hit the flying club lineup so fast it'd make you dizzy--and at $10 less per hour than the going rate on the field!

Hell, most people would have to take out a loan just to pay the taxes incurred by having won the contest.

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, most people would have to take out a loan just to pay the taxes incurred by having won the contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly why the winners usually sell.

Although, this year's (the next give-a-way airplane) Twin Commanche would be one I'd try to hold on to if I won. Sweeeeeet.

Yeah a twin Commanche would be great if you didn't have to worry about maintenance.

Can't be any worse than an Apache.
smirk.gif

I’d mortgage the farm to pay the taxes and keep it. Is it a practical airplane, Hell no, but I don’t care, it would be a thrill to fly. It would be my own personal time machine.

I would get my tailwheel endorsment in it then sell it and go to flight school.

If I win it (I know I'm too young) I'll sell 2/3s of it and use the rest of the money to run it.

I'm gonna win it.
laugh.gif

Then I'm gonna get my tailwheel endorsement and then put it up for sale. I'll fly it until it's sold and then either pay for the rest of my training or buy a nice used light twin.

If I win it, Jetcareers Flight School.

So Doug, what connections will you have to the regionals? Can you guarantee an interview? Can I use my VA benefits? What about financing? Why should I choose your school over school X? Do I really need a degree with your program? (Just kidding)
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If I win it, Jetcareers Flight School.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where would you open it up at?

[ QUOTE ]
So Doug, what connections will you have to the regionals? Can you guarantee an interview? Can I use my VA benefits? What about financing? Why should I choose your school over school X? Do I really need a degree with your program? (Just kidding)
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I'd just be plain old flight instructing.

Question is.... are they really ever gonna give the danged thing away???
wink.gif

I'm almost tired of seeing it in their ads. When's the drawing anyway?

FWIW - if I won it - I'd sell it STAT!!! Pay off some junk with the remaining $$ after paying the taxes and bank the rest.

I don't want to own an aircraft right now. Too expensive. I do, however, want to get PAID to fly one.
wink.gif

And the winning number is ...

Monthly winner Roger Sayers at Red Rock Biplanes in Sedona, Ariz.
Jan. 16 — We know something you don't know! AOPA's independent accounting firm has returned the winning numbers for both the Grand Prize Waco and the final monthly winners in the AOPA Centennial of Flight Sweepstakes. And no, we're not telling — yet. We're still in the process of verifying that the winners are eligible.

"If you've ever felt that wonderful sense of anticipation as you wait for someone to unwrap the perfect birthday present, that's what it feels like around AOPA headquarters these days," said AOPA President Phil Boyer. "All it's going to take to convince the Grand Prize winner to find a way to keep the Waco is one ride. Just ask one of our monthly winners."

Roger Sayers of Greenville, South Carolina, is one of the most recent monthly winners to complete his flight. "I remember thinking that this is what flying is all about," he said. "The open cockpit gives you a sense of freedom."

Umm - no... he's a "monthly winner". He won a ride in the thing.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jan. 16 — We know something you don't know! AOPA's independent accounting firm has returned the winning numbers for both the Grand Prize Waco and the final monthly winners in the AOPA Centennial of Flight Sweepstakes. And no, we're not telling — yet. We're still in the process of verifying that the winners are eligible.

[/ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Uh !!! Yes......

ME!!!!!

Rides are $20 a pop and the line starts over there.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I wish.

Naunga

Back