Ok so hows the best way to get the freight jobs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking for all options. Currently, the OV-10 state department south america gig is an "always hiring".

MD

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that a "freight" hauling job?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what kind of "freight" we're talking about........
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking for all options. Currently, the OV-10 state department south america gig is an "always hiring".

MD

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that a "freight" hauling job?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what kind of "freight" we're talking about........
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. Know what I mean?
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
a) Part 135 Single Pilot Cargo, e.g. Ameriflight, Airnet, etc.
b) Part 121 F/O at a regional
c) Part 135/91 Charter

[/ QUOTE ]

The most useful time for what you want to do is 121 PIC Turbine, none of which you'll get from the above. You can get 135 PIC Turbine at Ameriflight pretty quickly in the Beech 99s and Metroliners; pilots have gone to UPS/Fedex from that. You could even get 121 Turbine PIC in the EMB-120 at Ameriflight. At Airnet you can get 135 Turbine PIC in the Learjes, but it'll take forever to get there. F/O at a regional, yeah 121 time, but not the needed PIC. Ameriflight and Airnet are 135 charter, there is no 91 charter.

[ QUOTE ]
there is no 91 charter.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, I know. I meant 135 Charter and/or Part 135/91 Corporate

And as far as regional F/O, I also meant that I would (hopefully!) move into a capt. position and therefore the PIC time. I guess that I should have been more specific.
wink.gif

Now, why would Part 121 PIC turbine/multi time be more desirable than 135 PIC turbine/multi or even 91 PIC turbine/multi time?

Thanks,
Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Now, why would Part 121 PIC turbine/multi time be more desirable than 135 PIC turbine/multi or even 91 PIC turbine/multi time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, because that's what the majors operate under so they want someone who is familiar with that kind of operation.

[ QUOTE ]
So when the next hiring? Got 2.5 years left on the gig here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully very soon Mike, but probably after the new pilot contract is settled in a year or so...

Back