Ok, I have ask.

BLUESKY

What do you airline pilots pack. I never see any pilots hauling luggage around the concoarses..The most I ever see them carry is these dinky little bags that you roll around. I'd imagine you guys/gals are expert packers, but really what do you guys bring? I myself if I'm gone for 3 to 4 days bring a full bag(3ft x 3ft), and I usually use about 90% of it.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you airline pilots pack. I never see any pilots hauling luggage around the concoarses..The most I ever see them carry is these dinky little bags that you roll around. I'd imagine you guys/gals are expert packers, but really what do you guys bring? I myself if I'm gone for 3 to 4 days bring a full bag(3ft x 3ft), and I usually use about 90% of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am on call vs on a 4-5 day trip, My jeep has in it a bag, (22” swiss army roller btw) with two pressed uniform shirts, and one pair of pants shoes. Then two polo shirts, and Dockers (play clothes) work out duffle in stinkproof wrapping, boxers…shaving stuff etc, and I carry a computer bag separate. Plenty of room. On a long trip just double the stuff or I will plan on doing wash.

You probably see them coming up from the pilot lounge for lunch, or going out to scrounge around for a used USA Today!

I'm in CVG and the captain and I left our bags in the B concourse and walked over to the A concourse to spend out 2:45 hour "productivity" sit.

You have a duffle bag with stinkprof wrapping?......Never heard of it, but sounds like I'll have to invest in one(I'm a gym rat myself).....Which brings up another question. Are you big on health(exercise, and eating), and if so how has it been balancing it with your job......So far for me as a student it's been pretty easy.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you big on health(exercise, and eating), and if so how has it been balancing it with your job......So far for me as a student it's been pretty easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am cyclical. In the up swing now, 45 min/3miles everyday on the step-mill (whichever comes first.)

66611110025607LRG.jpg

I eat a lot of soy products, carry a half dozen soy based proteen bars in my flight bag,

but I get behind like eveyone else, when I go from a 36" waist to, hey these are tight, I re-evaluatre.

As for the stinkproof, get a diving/scuba duffle, or if you Kayak or canoe, a small wet bag. I just don't want wet stuff in my bag. when I had nothing to freeze, I'd toss the bag in the nose of the ce-500, which was not pressurized, when we got to the hotel anything wet would be frozen solid still.. (-30c)

I wear Rockport shoes which are "uniform" and can also be used as sneakers, so that saves room.

I pack underwear, undershirts and socks for as many days as the trip. One shirt and pants set lasts 2 days, maybe three but it gets pretty funky by the end of the third day.

I pack a pair of shorts, 1 pair of jeans and a collared shirt for overnights.

The laptop goes on top of that and it all fits in the 22" rollaway, which does fit in a CRJ overhead.

Now the flight bag is another story! Many "Drugs" - saw palmetto, ecchanaciea, ibuprofen, alka-seltzer plus, antacids and very important: immodium-AD!!!

I bring one tee shirt and one uniform shirt/duty period, one casual shirt for each layover where I'll where it for more than 3 hours (if less, then I can use a shirt for more than one layover sometimes), 1 pair jeans, 1 pair shorts, 1 swim suit, running shorts, running socks, running shoes, spare uniform pants for trips more than 3 days, electric plug adaptors for around the world, shaving kit, med kit (bandaids, OTC meds, antibiotics, etc), pair of casual shoes (don't like to wear uniform shoes and like better looking shoes for uniform), casual jacket if going someplace I'll need it.

All that fits in a regular carry-on size travelpro,for trips over 7 days I bring my purdy neat things bag to fit it all comfortably. I also fit in that one my international jepps, as I keep my laptop in my crew bag, so I end up having 2 binders and 3 chart books in the regular bag, the parts I am not using go there.

So, I carry my scott leather flight case and my purdy neat things bag to cover all of my needs for up to 14 day trips.

Whoops, ok, I'm a dumbass, I guess I should at least read the post before replying to it!

In my flightkit:
Jeppesen Airway Manual Volume 1&2
MD-88/90 Pilots Operating Manual
MD-88/90 Pilots Reference Manual
Headsets (Telex 5x5 with custom earmold)
Aspirin, Neosporin, deadhead crew tags

In my PNT rollaboard:
Leather sandals
Two layover shirts
Shorts (summertime!)
Extra uniform shirt (1 for every two days! yeah!)
Extra socks
Underwear (duh)
Toiletry Kit
Cellular Telephone and charger
Laptop and charger
Palm Pilot (with electronic timetables for America West/American/Delta and electronic bid package)
Timex Indiglo alarm clock
Sharper Image TravelSoother 20/Radio (BUY THIS!!)

And yes, I am an expert packer! I went to LAS for a bachelor party and some of my pals looked in my bag and said, "Holy crap!! Did you work for 'Structure'?!"

I would have to say so far your packing habits are close to mine.....your right about those anti-acids, asprins, nasal sprays, etc etc......I call my bag my medical kit. My girlfriend likes to call it my purse(hrr). Everytime we are on a road trip and she wants something from it I will make her call it my medical kit-I suppose I could be goofy at times, but it's all fun and games.

In reply:

"Whoops, ok, I'm a dumbass, I guess I should at least read the post before replying to it!"

Your first reply was fine. I was also curious about where you guys dumped your luggage before heading to the gate. I will keep the 20/radio travelsoother in mind. Do you really bring toilet products? Well it sure sounds like you guys bring plenty. If or when I make it as a pilot I'd imagine much of my bag will probably filled with snacks(protien bars, cereal..etc, but no junk foodl)...Oh, and I have to ask!..Did you ever work for structure?

[ QUOTE ]
I wear Rockport shoes

[/ QUOTE ]

I love my rockports.. BUT they SUCK when there is any oil/Fuel on the ramp, I have almost killed myself more than once, so I don't wear them anymore.

The waterproof rockports are slippery so I went to the regular black flats. They have a much better tread,

[ QUOTE ]
Whoops, ok, I'm a dumbass, I guess I should at least read the post before replying to it!

In my flightkit:
Jeppesen Airway Manual Volume 1&2
MD-88/90 Pilots Operating Manual
MD-88/90 Pilots Reference Manual
Headsets (Telex 5x5 with custom earmold)
Aspirin, Neosporin, deadhead crew tags

In my PNT rollaboard:
Leather sandals
Two layover shirts
Shorts (summertime!)
Extra uniform shirt (1 for every two days! yeah!)
Extra socks
Underwear (duh)
Toiletry Kit
Cellular Telephone and charger
Laptop and charger
Palm Pilot (with electronic timetables for America West/American/Delta and electronic bid package)
Timex Indiglo alarm clock
Sharper Image TravelSoother 20/Radio (BUY THIS!!)

And yes, I am an expert packer! I went to LAS for a bachelor party and some of my pals looked in my bag and said, "Holy crap!! Did you work for 'Structure'?!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Boxers or briefs???

[ QUOTE ]
Boxers or briefs???

[/ QUOTE ]

See, Mav, this is why Doug won't show up to JC meets!
grin.gif
shocked.gif

Back