Ohhhhhhh man

Haven't read it yet (because I live out in the Boonies), but I think we ought to send in some feedback about the article. Flying is pretty good about getting reader feedback in the magazine itself, so maybe the voice of reason could be heard.

Alas, I'm surprised they let that print. And I bet Captain Abend isn't too happy about it either..

mail

Totally Agree...

The best part of Flying Magazine are the REAL articles by Martha Lunken, and Lane Wallace.:)

Fixed it for ya;)

I was disappointed that Martha doesn't have a piece in this one. Plus they went from their glued binding format to a smaller stapled magazine. All in all a very disappointing issue.

I agree that Martha Lunken and Lane Wallace are the most enjoyable writers at Flying now.

I miss "Vectors" and "Bax Seat."

Just got a look at the article. It's interesting that the reason the guy gave for starting the programme was that he was "frustrated with the uneven quality of pilots who hired on to fly for him".....

Fair enough sounds like the solution is quite obvious....

.....But the next paragraph states that you arrive to GS with CMEL in hand and they have nothing to do with your initial training (they do mention some training partners they recommend). :confused::confused:

So it makes sense that since you were frustrated at the quality of candidates who showed up when you paid them to fly, then better quality candidates will show up when you ask them to pay for the job?? Are you suggesting the level of training being afforded to the PFJ types is better than that was given to those "getting paid" types??

I'm getting dizzy ..... :panic:

It's pretty obvious this piece was just a 2 page advert....you think they might have put a little more thought into it...
but there was a totally awsome cockpit picture on there....wicked

If you look at the promotional video on the front page of their website, they make the claim that airlines are hiring, and that there is a shortage of pilots.

If you look at the promotional video on the front page of their website, they make the claim that airlines are hiring, and that there is a shortage of pilots.

And they have a picture of me, the person who taught Bob Hoover how to fly!

so just for laughs I logged onto the Gulfstream Academy website, and I watched that video...I threw up a little in my mouth when the CO pilot asks the Gulfstream driver where he is flying to! :banghead:

"So, where are you flying to today?''

"Key West actually"

*shakes hand*

"Well, I wish you a lot of luck, and I'll see you on the line REAL soon." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DOH!

"So, where are you flying to today?''

"Key West actually"

*shakes hand*

"Well, I wish you a lot of luck, and I'll see you on the line REAL soon." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bread line maybe.

Back