Oh SFO tower

Ok. Since you only drink beer, how many did you have before typing this word salad.

giphy.gif

Ok. Since you only drink beer, how many did you have before typing this word salad.
In all seriousness, I guess I'd ask you to, IDK, diagram those sentences or at least critique in some specific fashion and show me where I went wrong.

Is it the vocabulary? The syntax? Is the grammar off kilter? Can't keep up with the logical progression across the full arc of the thread?

What?

Or is it just that you don't like vegetables and prefer raw meat?

SHUT DOWN THE FORUM, WE'RE DONE FOR A WEEK!

Nailed it.

In this environment, everyone can choose an airline close to their home that they'd be happy with. There's literally no reason to pine over your neighbors wife, when you can get one yourself.

In all seriousness, I guess I'd ask you to, IDK, diagram those sentences or at least critique in some specific fashion and show me where I went wrong.

Is it the vocabulary? The syntax? Is the grammar off kilter? Can't keep up with the logical progression across the full arc of the thread?

What?

It's the word salad. Like a odd non-conforming haiku word salad.

It's the word salad. Like a odd non-conforming haiku word salad.
Ok. Still again, the question then for you is, what constitutes and/or denotes "word salad"?? I need something more than a bumper-sticker pablum response here. And, yes, I am asking sincerely.

Ok. Still again, the question then for you is, what constitutes and/or denotes "word salad"?? I need something more than a bumper-sticker pablum response here. And, yes, I am asking sincerely.

Pretty simple. If it takes a "What in the world are you talking about", it's word salad.

"The conflagration has grown, scarily to a point where it's proximity has arisen such feelings within me that I feel a need to potentially make haste and give reflection to my adjacency to the hot, new worry" WORD SALAD

"Something is on fire, I'm evacuating". Same message, NOT word salad.

What?

Like I'm curious if the substance is legal because I want in.

SHUT DOWN THE FORUM, WE'RE DONE FOR A WEEK!

Nailed it.

In this environment, everyone can choose an airline close to their home that they'd be happy with. There's literally no reason to pine over your neighbors wife, when you can get one yourself.

No, this ignores the seniority system. You don’t get to join the new shop at 35%. You start all over at the 100% mark (bottom barrel of the list).

Of course, you already knew that. Your take is only half accurate - true, everyone is hiring like crazy. But you completely left off the aspects of starting over anywhere - a risky proposition in an industry that is pure 100% seniority driven.

But notice how a Delta thread turns into a personal insult. I’ve stated other “Oh airline” threads but don’t get accused of the same things there. Weird.

No, this ignores the seniority system. You don’t get to join the new shop at 35%. You start all over at the 100% mark (bottom barrel of the list).

Of course, you already knew that. Your take is only half accurate - true, everyone is hiring like crazy. But you completely left off the aspects of starting over anywhere - a risky proposition in an industry that is pure 100% seniority driven.

But notice how a Delta thread turns into a personal insult. I’ve stated other “Oh airline” threads but don’t get accused of the same things there. Weird.

When you talk about the same girl who said no to you for Senior Prom but you're in your 30's now, you might be obsessed.

Weird.

I'll make an "Oh, Alaska" thread or something, but I really don't know where to start because I honestly haven't thought about it! Ha!

Wait a sec...

Look at how many of these posts have your name in it and I just said "oh+delta" without your username:

I'll make an "Oh, Alaska" thread or something, but I really don't know where to start because I honestly haven't thought about it! Ha!

That thread would probably be pretty boring at the moment, which is fine with me.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.

I think this is a reason to be mad at the industry as a whole, not the individual airline. FWIW I’m uneasy with this concept as well, and I think in other seniority based industries like teaching you keep your spot and can make lateral moves (god forbid your life priorities change, you want to live a certain place and your airline closes the base there etc). I also don’t fly 121 (I just come here because I like you guys :) ) and fully admit my ignorance to why the industry is the way it is, but I’d be interested to see an honest discussion on why it ended up this way.

Back