Off-topic performance discussion (from ATR 72 Crash thread)

The E-jets do both as well (T/O-1 and -2 fixed thrust modes, plus flexible/AT). But I never thought that airplane short on thrust except in Denver on a hot day going farther, etc.
I had a few “jeez we’re using a lot of runway” moments in BOI and BZN in the summer. Or using it on way longer legs than it should have been used, like DAL-SEA or MKE-SEA.

STT is one of my favorite departures. Full thrust, PACKs off, and bank right after takeoff to fly between the two hills. It's one of the few times where you really feel the power of the 757
I lived in STT for a season flying the SJU line for 9K and got the absolute • kicked out of me between those 2 hills during Christmas winds one day. That place can be no joke in December/January. Loved commuting back home on the AA 757’s though.

STT is one of my favorite departures. Full thrust, PACKs off, and bank right after takeoff to fly between the two hills. It's one of the few times where you really feel the power of the 757

I've done it in the 140k range off the top of my head. Lowest chart I see is for 120k but I don't think I've ever actually been that light
Is there a typical weight for STT-ATL route?

I recently flew on a Delta 757 from STT to ATL. The runway at STT is about 7,000 feet long. The flight was completely full. We were off the runway maybe a little past halfway point with what felt like almost no effort. I'm sure being at sea level helped, but it was over 90 degrees. It was damn impressive.
DL used to fly 757s between STT and STX into the early 2000s, must have been an interesting leg.

Back