Off the Street Hiring ending?

all I read/hear/take from this entire thread is..

rumor rumor rumor rumor rumor.....i heard, we heard.

I don't know if any of you who are giving input on this thread are actually trying to contribute but you've all got to realize that until the FAA actually says.. "WE ARE GOING TO STOP HIRING YOU GUYS B/C BLAH BLAH BLAH" in an official announcement, post-dated, bonafide, USDA approved and certified organic from the purest of sources...

keep your mouths shut. this process is stressful and speculative enough without your cross-examination.

I motion for the locking of this thread. :hiya:

I don't know if any of you who are giving input on this thread are actually trying to contribute but you've all got to realize that until the FAA actually says.. "WE ARE GOING TO STOP HIRING YOU GUYS B/C BLAH BLAH BLAH" in an official announcement, post-dated, bonafide, USDA approved and certified organic from the purest of sources...

keep your mouths shut. this process is stressful and speculative enough without your cross-examination.

Here! Here! I could not have said it better myself. The fact is, the FAA has hired OTS before, is doing so now, and will do so in the future. Go on NATCA's website and read the profiles of the "featured" controllers...half of them were OTS back during the strike and later. A very close family friend of mine was hired OTS back during the strike and is now the third highest in senority at PHL, a level 12, where he has been for 17 years now. Once you get out of the academy the vets see all noobies the same...they are looking for young guns who give it their all and learn from each success and failure.

I concur and suggest lashing for all those that do not agree.

Class note, the beating will continue until moral improves.

90% of the threads on here are rumor, "I heard this", "this guy told me that" blah blah.

Alot of info on here is helpful and informative, but you cant believe everything you hear, especially if its prefaced with, "I heard"

0.jpg

Silence! I KILL you!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure you'll do), but the reason they can't get veteran controllers from lower level facilities to bid up to the higher ones is because the controllers would take a pay cut once they got there. Right now, they're working under Green Book pay at their lower level facility. If they transferred to a larger facility, they'd only receive White Book salary for the new facility. Why take a pay cut to work more traffic? Also, the FAA won't pay relocation costs to the new facility (with the exception of some high need areas like NY).

Would you relocate your family at your own expense so that you could work more traffic, for less pay, and not even know whether you'd check out at the larger facility?

you are correct for the most part.

Before the current administration, the FAA would move people from lower rated towers or tracons to busier ones. But that cost money, so they stopped doing it.

Without a doubt former military controllers have the highest washout rate. I was told this by upper FAA management. That's why they are scaling back hiring of military controllers and hire more CTI graduates. Perhaps the FAA can just transfer already rated FAA controllers from smaller facilities to the more difficult facilities to bridge the gap of experience. Thus giving a controller a fighting chance when they arrive at level 10-12 facilities. The practice of putting controllers without any experience in high level facilities is just plain moronic. This only sets the controller and the FAA up for failure.

I would guess that is true and back when I came in the highest wash out rate was people hired off the streets, since that was the largest group of new hires.
And should CTI grads become the largest group, then they will have the highest wash out rate.

IF history continues to repeat, the wash out rate will stay around 45-60% no matter where you come from.

I just cannot wrap my head around why they would cut established and experienced controller's pay when there is a historical washout of 45-60%. It just seems like the most retarded thing to do. It seems to me if that is always the washout rate, the best way to save money is to pay the least when someone is getting trained, then pay them very well for the rest of their careers to make sure they stay for the long haul.

Without a doubt former military controllers have the highest washout rate. I was told this by upper FAA management. That's why they are scaling back hiring of military controllers and hire more CTI graduates. Perhaps the FAA can just transfer already rated FAA controllers from smaller facilities to the more difficult facilities to bridge the gap of experience. Thus giving a controller a fighting chance when they arrive at level 10-12 facilities. The practice of putting controllers without any experience in high level facilities is just plain moronic. This only sets the controller and the FAA up for failure.

:yup:
Yeah that is why they are giving VRA hires $20,000 bonuses and none to the off the street or CTI's.

:yup:
Yeah that is why they are giving VRA hires $20,000 bonuses and none to the off the street or CTI's.

I have no idea whether the information the other guy posted is even close to accurate or not... But are you implying that the FAA only does things that make sense?

Are you seeing the fallacy here?

I have no idea whether the information the other guy posted is even close to accurate or not... But are you implying that the FAA only does things that make sense?

Are you seeing the fallacy here?

I am not implying anything simply laughing at the guy who says he was told by someone in "upper FAA manglement" that they are scaling back on hiring military controllers something I would believe the FAA would be dumb enough to do if the facts weren't they were throwing 20k at VRA guys to recruit them.

VRA hires getting $20,000 bonuses, good its something that works for them, and the FAA isnt putting out additional fund in training. Got to go somewhere and why not, they bring a little more to the table than an OTS or a CTI. Apples for apples

VRA hires getting $20,000 bonuses, good its something that works for them, and the FAA isnt putting out additional fund in training. Got to go somewhere and why not, they bring a little more to the table than an OTS or a CTI. Apples for apples

I am glad you cleared that up for us.:crazy:

hey everyone who's on facebook should join the FAA ATC OTS/CTI/VRA group.

:nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2:

Back