OF-306 and Medical Question and Answer

When did they start letting you do it online? In CHI we had to refill out a multi carbon copy of the form and press really hard so all pages got filled out.

I was just saying that the FAA now has an online version of the 8500-8 so why can we just do that and they could print it out at any time. I thought in the e-mail that the sample 8500-8 came in, it says that we will be entering the info into a pc.

I was just saying that the FAA now has an online version of the 8500-8 so why can we just do that and they could print it out at any time. I thought in the e-mail that the sample 8500-8 came in, it says that we will be entering the info into a pc.

Ah, the advances in technology in the past 2 months. :sarcasm:

What is the OF306? Where did you get it? I don't have one. I only got the family relationship form adn the applicant contact form. Am I missing something?

What is the OF306? Where did you get it? I don't have one. I only got the family relationship form adn the applicant contact form. Am I missing something?

the OF306 is a form that comes in the email that tells you the details about your PEPC...your start time, what to wear, and other details...you didnt get that email?

No, but my PEPC date isn't until January 29th. Did everyone recieve this email already?

i think only the KC people did so far..so your ok...PM me your email and ill send you them if you want. its really short and stupid...takes like 3 minutes to fill out.

I have a question for anyone who has filled one (8500-8) of these out before, most likely pilots.....under the section where it wants to know your visits to healthcare professionals within the last three years.....it says to not report occasional common illnesses such as "colds or sore throats." So, what else falls under "common illnesses" is basically my question for those who have done it. How deep to they want us to go, because outside "common illnesses" I dont think I have a lot to list....thanks!

I have a question for anyone who has filled one (8500-8) of these out before, most likely pilots.....under the section where it wants to know your visits to healthcare professionals within the last three years.....it says to not report occasional common illnesses such as "colds or sore throats." So, what else falls under "common illnesses" is basically my question for those who have done it. How deep to they want us to go, because outside "common illnesses" I dont think I have a lot to list....thanks!

General physicals should not be listed. Anything more serious than 'common illnesses' should be listed. Examples: broken arm, concussions, etc.

For you Boomer, I would say that probably falls under "common illnesses" :)

This is true! Put double sided sticky tape on one inner thigh, light the hair on the other inner thigh, the little friggers run their asses off and get caught on the tape... problem solved, who needs a friggin' doctor.

This is true! Put double sided sticky tape on one inner thigh, light the hair on the other inner thigh, the little friggers run their asses off and get caught on the tape... problem solved, who needs a friggin' doctor.
Dang, I wish I knew that trick in grade school... would've saved some embarrassing moments... :crazy:

General physicals should not be listed. Anything more serious than 'common illnesses' should be listed. Examples: broken arm, concussions, etc.

ok..got that...so what about when you went to the doc for something that turned out to be nothing?

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I'm unclear on what needs to be listed on our visits to medical professionals. I don't see where it says to omit minor illness. Only that it says routine checks for eyes, dental, and physical can be omitted.

So let's get specific.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled last year, I'm assuming that's major enough to include it.

I had the flu earlier this year, I don't know if that counts or not

I had food poisoning earlier this year, I don't know if that counts or not.

Any ideas? I suppose I can get this information, it's just more work

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I'm unclear on what needs to be listed on our visits to medical professionals. I don't see where it says to omit minor illness. Only that it says routine checks for eyes, dental, and physical can be omitted.

So let's get specific.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled last year, I'm assuming that's major enough to include it.

I had the flu earlier this year, I don't know if that counts or not

I had food poisoning earlier this year, I don't know if that counts or not.

Any ideas? I suppose I can get this information, it's just more work
More is better than less. Include everything you think you should. Let them decide if it's relevant.

Back