Resolved Occasional timeouts/other TLS butthurt

I think it's a Xenforo issue, a couple of other sites/boards that I frequent use it and seem to be having the same issues. Works great until it doesn't.

Should be working now. I’ve been working on the issue with cPanel for a few days and we might have it whipped.

I hope.

It does NOT yet seem to be fixed.

Usually, it manifests after logging in. Lately, I've been having issues just logging in.

MAC 10.14.6, Firefox 71.0.

Ain't IT great! We were all 'sposed to get smarter! But we got dumber. We were all 'sposed to save time. But now we waste it trying to figure out vendor problems... vendor problems that are protected from being litigated as incompetence by deeply contractually embedded "mediation" clauses. Hooray! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, could you clear your cache in your browser and give it another shot? cPanel and I have been trying to replicate the issue reliably so we can see what’s up, but it’s especially “pesky”.

If cleaning the browser cache works, please let me know.

Cleared my cache, seems to still be happening about every ten minutes or so.

Granted I live far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionble end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy.

Cleared my cache, seems to still be happening about every ten minutes or so.

Granted I live far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionble end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy.

Ok, I did (some nerdy) stuff, try it again please.

Cool.o. PHP-FPM, max-children and some yay-so-fun CLI this morning.

Cool cool cool. Let’s hope it stays that way.
Sorry for the festering inconvenience and cheers to sticking it out.

If I had the loot I’d hire an IT team and just focus on content and community.

Hmm, could you clear your cache in your browser and give it another shot? cPanel and I have been trying to replicate the issue reliably so we can see what’s up, but it’s especially “pesky”.

If cleaning the browser cache works, please let me know.
I can tell you with absolute certainty that cache clearing is NOT the issue. My cache 7-write clears automatically every time I close Firefox.

All that said, it seems to be working well today.

OK.

I’m going to make this as easy to understand as possible.

So this hopefully resolved the issue. It went up a couple “levels” at cPanel, but it turns out that, if you really care, I had a buggy download (yum-repo) which wrecked the server (php-fpm) configuration. So basically when the server got busy, the “things servers gotta do) stack up and waiting in a holding pattern (max-children), but then those processes timeout (max-timeout) and either you got struck in the holding pattern or your airplane (A “request” - posting a new thread, or executing a search) hit bingo fuel and disappeared over the ocean.

Coupled with some some buggy caching (basically preloading a certain amount of data from the hard drive to RAM to speed content delivery like forum posts), it made for a crappy experience. Server load (how hard it’s working) went down because people said “Eff dis!”, the server started performing better again, traffic (visitors) came back, then the whole party started all over again.

Thank you for your patience.

OK.

I’m going to make this as easy to understand as possible.

So this hopefully resolved the issue. It went up a couple “levels” at cPanel, but it turns out that, if you really care, I had a buggy download (yum-repo) which wrecked the server (php-fpm) configuration. So basically when the server got busy, the “things servers gotta do) stack up and waiting in a holding pattern (max-children), but then those processes timeout (max-timeout) and either you got struck in the holding pattern or your airplane (A “request” - posting a new thread, or executing a search) hit bingo fuel and disappeared over the ocean.

Coupled with some some buggy caching (basically preloading a certain amount of data from the hard drive to RAM to speed content delivery like forum posts), it made for a crappy experience. Server load (how hard it’s working) went down because people said “Eff dis!”, the server started performing better again, traffic (visitors) came back, then the whole party started all over again.

Thank you for your patience.
Yea that was totally super easy to understand...

Back