Obnoxious Radio Chatter

Oh I don't know ... Uncontrolled field and all. Gosh haven't you heard some great stuff on the radio?

Heavy Middle Eastern Accent calls in to Miami Approach saying "I am on the squawking 2624"

MIA: Who gave you that squawk?

HMEA: Uh, it was on the transponder!

Voice from nowhere: Hey Apu! Who's watching the 7-11?

I admit it, I laughed so hard I almost dumped twinkies.

Alright, the REAL issue here is professionalism. And yes, Riddle is taking alot of flak lately. But that has always been the case really. EVERYONE thinks their way is the RIGHT way, and the worst of them feel the need to impose their opinion on others. I would just let it roll off my back personally. If you take pride in what you do, and you do it well, why does it matter if someone wants to bash your methods?

P.S. - Nice touch on the "So does your mother" thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh I don't know ... Uncontrolled field and all. Gosh haven't you heard some great stuff on the radio?
Heavy Middle Eastern Accent calls in to Miami Approach saying "I am on the squawking 2624"
MIA: Who gave you that squawk?
HMEA: Uh, it was on the transponder!
Voice from nowhere: Hey Apu! Who's watching the 7-11?
I admit it, I laughed so hard I almost dumped twinkies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look out JT, the PC police are on their way!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, the REAL issue here is professionalism. And yes, Riddle is taking alot of flak lately. But that has always been the case really. EVERYONE thinks their way is the RIGHT way, and the worst of them feel the need to impose their opinion on others. I would just let it roll off my back personally. If you take pride in what you do, and you do it well, why does it matter if someone wants to bash your methods?

P.S. - Nice touch on the "So does your mother" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, you're absolutely 100% correct.

Not making a response at all is the professional thing to do.

Being a former ERAU student, we caught flak from all sorts of people.

Here's something my dad told me a long time ago. The people who feel you have an elitist attitude are probably the ones that have a nasty inferiority complex and there's nothing you can do to help them.

[ QUOTE ]
The people who feel you have an elitist attitude are probably the ones that have a nasty inferiority complex and there's nothing you can do to help them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that. I'll have to put it in the mental rolodex.

Back