number of working dispatchers in the US

Sandydfw

I am just curious if anyone has a rough guess of number of the amount of working 121 dispatchers in the US?
I am guessing around 1500 for the 3 legacy airlines. Delta/American/United

121 dispatchers... I'd probably guess around 5000. Each regional probably has 80-100, southwest has about 500. UPS was at like 150 last I checked, FedEx probably the same. Then you have spirit, jetblue and frontier.

"Each regional probably has 80-100"
You, sir, are wildly mistaken.
Republic: 45-ish
PSA: 41-ish
Mesa: 27
Piedmont: 32
Skywest: 90-100
Horizon: 38
WN/AA/DL/UA: Around 550-ish each
Fedex/UPS: no clue
AS: 96

Rough ADF estimates are that around 4000-ish dispatchers are out there exercising their certifications every year

Rough ADF estimates are that around 4000-ish dispatchers are out there exercising their certifications every year
EJA 60 as of 2024. New posting up, more expected.

Are we talking, like, 'staffed,' ...(vaguely motioning everywhere)...

or...

Staff, like, "Staff," (gesturing) staffed at a regional?

You have neither.

Here's 55 releases for fleet launch. Don't divert. Why are you using that much fuel. Stop spilling this coffee.

Thank you

Are we talking, like, 'staffed,' ...(vaguely motioning everywhere)...

or...

Staff, like, "Staff," (gesturing) staffed at a regional?

You have neither.

Here's 55 releases for fleet launch. Don't divert. Why are you using that much fuel. Stop spilling this coffee.
🤣

The real question, and excuse me for going on a tangent: how many souls out there have an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate? You know, that green credit card looking thing that never expires, that you basically buy for a $5000 ADX crash course.

Some of whom know that fuel is time, time is options and options are good.
Some of whom would say there's no such thing as too much fuel once airborne, unless the plane is on fire. I'd say there are probably about 25000 ADXs out in the wild considering how many foreigners get them, along with those who decided not to pursue it as a career/transitioned to pilot etc., or just want another rating. 110+30MGRs at Brown, inclusive on new-hire class of 3 with calls happening soon.

I’d say this mostly depends on the airline, but certainly if it’s middle of the pack and the higher ups are hiring.
This is true. At a certain ULCC, the early 2022 hires who stayed are now around the 50% mark of seniority with so many bailing to majors in that timeframe. Late 2023 hires with the majors slowing down, they will be riding the bottom of the list for a while until major hiring picks back up.

This is true. At a certain ULCC, the early 2022 hires who stayed are now around the 50% mark of seniority with so many bailing to majors in that timeframe. Late 2023 hires with the majors slowing down, they will be riding the bottom of the list for a while until major hiring picks back up.
The seniority list at this certain ULCC has over 50% of it's dispatchers at or below Year 3 pay. That is a profound level of attrition.

Back