Now Available: 90-day or 10-month ACPP

rhs

Just saw this on the ATP website. They now offer a 10-month ACPP program in which you get your ratings through CFI-ME. It's the same price as the 90-day but does not include housing. Sounds like a good deal if you want to work while getting your ratings. It's available at all locations.

My only question is whether or not they will hire instructors from this 10-month program. From what I understand, in the past they only hired from the 90-day.

This program isn't new unless I'm missing something?
confused.gif

I heard that they consider hiring the same for 90-day and 10mo programs, but don't quote me.

They had a 10-month program but it only got you through commercial. No CFI ratings were included.

Good to know that the 10-month now includes instructor ratings. I don't think it did as recent as last month. Has anyone here completed the 10-month program?

hello everyone

firstly thanks to everyone who takes the time to actively contribute to this forum - it has been very helpful.

Does anyone know if there are any current ATP instructors who have done the 10 month program at ATP - do they feel ATP viewed the 10 month progam differently from the 90 day program (I know that ATP states it doesnt) ? I am currently flying a desk and everyone knows how well desks fly and am considering the 10 month program and would like to honestly know beforehand that I have equal opportunity vs. 90 day students (of course all other things being equal). Also does anyone know the payment schedule during the 10 month program ?

thanks
aerosmith

No - the payment program IS different, you pay in four installments, and it depends on your progress since it is self paced.

Really? That's not what the finance person told me on the phone. She said it was the same because most people finish in much less than 10 months.

[ QUOTE ]
Really? That's not what the finance person told me on the phone. She said it was the same because most people finish in much less than 10 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you finish in the same time as the other program than the payment program will be similar, but if you take the 10 months or whatever lenth, the payments are spaced in four segments according to you progress. It IS still the same amount payments as the other program - but can be spaced farther apart.

That is what I was told by ATP, but who knows, maybe it changed.

Back