November issue Flying mag Check Ride - hilarious

cointyro

Anyone else read Mr. Collins' Checkride in the November 03 Flying?

I laughed out loud in the library while reading this today. Profiled is a 24 year-old, who has just started working. His comment:

"The biggest struggle for me is finding a balance between my budget as a young working person just starting out, not wanting to fly if I'm not sharp, and justifying the flying part of my life at all. It's hard when you dump $1,000 into 10 hours of training or less and then think to yourself, gee, I could have had three TVs or dined out for a few months or whatever. And from what I have heard, if I am ever lucky enough to explore the romantic side of life, it's not gonna be cheap."

True, true. Chicks are darned expensive... ha ha.

More seriously, it's true - my how expensive flying can be.

No doubt chicks are expensive. I lived on cans of green beans and Milwaukee government housing and Kristie never knew the difference!
smile.gif

However, I think if you plan for the long term, it's not as bad as a person with the 'I want it NOW' syndrome.

?

If you plan ahead to fly, or plan ahead to date? Not sure I follow you...

By the by, I was reading Doug's post and at first glance I thought he said he lived on cans of green beans and Milwaukee's Best...

... and I thought, hey, that's not so bad, vegetables and beer
grin.gif

My first Wisconsin discovery: "Milwaukee's Best" isn't.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My first Wisconsin discovery: "Milwaukee's Best" isn't.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes, the BEAST! When I was in college, the unlabeled button on our soda machine was loaded with beer. Every now and then, you'd get a decent beer, and when I say decent, I'm talking like MGD or LIte. The rest of the time, you'd get the Beast or Old Style!

Beer taste nasty....well except for flavored malts like Bacardi Silver or Barcadi R.

I prefer mixed drinks. They taste fruity but you get either a very good buzz or drunk waaaaay faster then nasty beer any day.

Matthew

aka katsuhara

Mixed Drinks=More $$$
Cheap Beer=Bad Hangover, more $$$

I will drink mixed drinks when they have $2 bourbons or vodkas....but NOTHING fruity.

Back