Nov 17 after PEPC mixer

s

Gates was CRAPPY barbecue. I was greatly disappointed because I consider myself a BBQ connoisseur. The sauce was horrible. Gates was supposed to be the best in Kansas City and it was terrible. I have had much, much, much better BBQ in Georgia.

What kind of BBQ do you like? Vinegary / Sweet / Spicy?

Head over to Arthur Bryant's tomorrow... it's the one they always rave about on The Food Network... it's quite tasty and quite hole in the wallish.

http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/our_restaurants/index.htm

Re: s

What kind of BBQ do you like? Vinegary / Sweet / Spicy?

Head over to Arthur Bryant's tomorrow... it's the one they always rave about on The Food Network... it's quite tasty and quite hole in the wallish.

http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/our_restaurants/index.htm

Honestly, I don't care what the base is for the sauce. I tend to stick with Memphis or Georgia style sauces though...

I am leaving tomorrow at roughly 11:30. I see that there is an AB's at MCI which I may have to check out if they are open when I get ready to leave.

I have to head back to 901 Locust Street in the morning though so I won't be able to swing by any of the local ABs before I depart... The FAA needs my signature on a paper dealing with the drug screening/test. Better sign it tomorrow instead of having to redo the test at a local facility...

Honestly, I don't care what the base is for the sauce. I tend to stick with Memphis or Georgia style sauces though...

I am leaving tomorrow at roughly 11:30. I see that there is an AB's at MCI which I may have to check out if they are open when I get ready to leave.

I have to head back to 901 Locust Street in the morning though so I won't be able to swing by any of the local ABs before I depart... The FAA needs my signature on a paper dealing with the drug screening/test. Better sign it tomorrow instead of having to redo the test at a local facility...

I used to eat lunch many times a week at some BBQ place in Atlanta that was a chain, they have them in Florida too... I can't remember the name of it,,, it was at Cumberland Center by the mall. (I used to work in Cumberland II) There was also one in WinterHaven, FL when I used to fly there to work every week about a mile from my office.

Damnit what's the name of it, I love that place.

I'm partial to Rudy's myself. Ate at one by San Antonio. Mmm. I'll be driving to Norman to get my fix. Hopefully it's as good at that location.

I used to eat lunch many times a week at some BBQ place in Atlanta that was a chain, they have them in Florida too... I can't remember the name of it,,, it was at Cumberland Center by the mall. (I used to work in Cumberland II) There was also one in WinterHaven, FL when I used to fly there to work every week about a mile from my office.

Damnit what's the name of it, I love that place.

I hope you aren't talking about Shane's...

The next time you are in Atlanta, drive down to Jackson, GA (hour south) and try Fresh Air BBQ. Best Brunswick Stew around. Pippin's in McDonough, GA is pretty darn good too.

I'm partial to Rudy's myself. Ate at one by San Antonio. Mmm. I'll be driving to Norman to get my fix. Hopefully it's as good at that location.

Please tell me you are joking! We have one in Frisco... it is NASTY! My Mom said she didn't like the one in Norman.

DICKEY'S all the wayyyyy, a Texas original.

It's not uncommon to find family type recipes in Texas that call for a measure of " 1 Dickey's cup of..."

That place is spreading like wildfire all over (except Oklahoma). Their Jalapeno baked beans are fantastic and the Dill Tater Salad.

ChinaTrip052.jpg

Please tell me you are joking! We have one in Frisco... it is NASTY! My Mom said she didn't like the one in Norman.

It's not uncommon to find family type recipes in Texas that call for a measure of " 1 Dickey's cup of..."

That place is spreading like wildfire all over (except Oklahoma). Their Jalapeno baked beans are fantastic and the Dill Tater Salad.

Ron White... HAHA! :nana2:

I hope you aren't talking about Shane's...

The next time you are in Atlanta, drive down to Jackson, GA (hour south) and try Fresh Air BBQ. Best Brunswick Stew around. Pippin's in McDonough, GA is pretty darn good too.

Found it... Sonny's Real Pit

Ok then, so where do I go to get good BBQ in OKC? Will travel for food!

Ok then, so where do I go to get good BBQ in OKC? Will travel for food!

That's an excellent question! There used to be this place in Moore (19th & 35) that was the best schtuff. They had a club sandwich with whole smoked sliced turkey breast, whole spiral ham, thick smoked bacon... OMG, I've never had a club better than that... then they had the best red beans and rice i've ever had.

Now, I am not sure. I would say Van's Pig Stand... its quite tasty... they've been around forever... in fact, my Grandma worked there as a waitress when she was a teenager. She has crossed eyes (which you can't tell when she wears glasse) and she told me this one time a customer told her, "Girl, you have the prettiest blue eyes I ever saw!"... she says " Why now, i don't have blue eyes."... and he said "Oh yes you do girl, one blew one way, one blew the other"... how rude.

That's an excellent question! There used to be this place in Moore (19th & 35) that was the best schtuff. They had a club sandwich with whole smoked sliced turkey breast, whole spiral ham, thick smoked bacon... OMG, I've never had a club better than that... then they had the best red beans and rice i've ever had.

Now, I am not sure. I would say Van's Pig Stand... its quite tasty... they've been around forever... in fact, my Grandma worked there as a waitress when she was a teenager. She has crossed eyes (which you can't tell when she wears glasse) and she told me this one time a customer told her, "Girl, you have the prettiest blue eyes I ever saw!"... she says " Why now, i don't have blue eyes."... and he said "Oh yes you do girl, one blew one way, one blew the other"... how rude.
Hah. I heard the same thing about Kurt Cobain.

Isn't Moore where that huge tornado blew through in '99? I heard it was pretty bad.

Back