NOTAM on Russian Citizens

There are a ton of “what if’s” with this. What if the person is a dual citizen? I know someone who was born in Russia, has lived in the US for decades, and is a pilot for a major airline. Is he technically grounded by this?
I don’t think it’s the spirit of the NOTAM

There are a ton of “what if’s” with this. What if the person is a dual citizen? I know someone who was born in Russia, has lived in the US for decades, and is a pilot for a major airline. Is he technically grounded by this?
I don’t think it’s the spirit of the NOTAM

There was a phone number to call for a waiver at the bottom of the NOTAM. Probably a rubber stamp yes if he called?

A Russian Air Force IL-76 transport was just at KXMR the other day.

I presume space stuff? I dunno....we still do that with them right? Is the ISS now subject to the NOTAM if they extend it to space?

A Russian Air Force IL-76 transport was just at KXMR the other day.
Why does the Ilyushin Il-76 have glass under the nose?

D49418FD-5002-470C-8F94-693B7BDC673C.jpeg

They are navigation windows. The plane is large and the cockpit windows do not allow easy sighting underneath the plane. This plane often operates in areas with sparse to no radar coverage and the crew needs the ability to find navigational land marks. This was especially important in the early 1970’s Soviet Union when the aviation infrastructure was quite terrible

This is the language of the NOTAM:

It strikes me as vague. I have a hard time believing that the FAA meant this to apply to Russian flight instructors, individual Part 91 renters, and hockey teams who need to move a bunch of players around.

@MidlifeFlyer - I suspect it might come down to the lawyering about Operator, but I'd be interested to know what you think. Even my local POI at the FSDO thinks this is weird and they are seeking some clarification from the FAA.
"Operated" is a very broad (although IMO, not vague) prohibition and would apply to those you mentioned. Whether that was intended should be the subject of clarification. So I guess my answer is "dunno."

Back