not positive Delta news...

[ QUOTE ]
Sound like a few of the guys I have ran into in ATL. Captains I mean. The rumor at during last contract talks were the pilots wanted there own bus to ride in so they would have to ride with guys who smell from sweating all day loading there planes. Not sure if thats true but from some it wouldnt suprise me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I doubt that highly. The ATL crew bus was stinky, but I didn't hear an inkling of anything close on the Delta ALPA forums at all.

We've got some 'pretty boys', but I doubt if they'd even register as an integer as a percentages of the pilot group.

Probably my biggest beef (or pork, have you) with the ATL crew bus is that some of the "Delta Debbies" would put their bag down beside the door so the boys could load it for her -- I'm sure that doesn't happen much anymore.

Heck, I tell Kristie that "If you pack it, you lug it baby!" so you know I'm not going to load an FA's bag on the crew bus!

Heck, I tell Kristie that "If you pack it, you lug it baby!" so you know I'm not going to load an FA's bag on the crew bus!

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was a F/A I carried my own damn bags all the time, even hauling it in and out of the cargo bin on the SF-3! (No easy feat for someone who's only 5'3") I once put my bags, (wheels, tote & kit bag) on a baggage scale in DTW, and they weighed in at a whopping 73 lbs. But at least I never asked or expected anyone else to lift it! It amazed me the people who thought they could bring on these ridiculous 'carry-on' bags and expect me (the flight attendant) to stow it somewhere for them. No way, you pack it, you stack it! You tow it, you stow it! A businessman once boarded an ATR and shoved his briefcase at the F/A and said "do something with this", well, she turned around and tossed his briefcase right out the open baggage door onto the ramp.

I wish more people would take that attitude. Then maybe we wouldn't have families flying SWA with nineteen bags that all weigh over 80 lbs. We've had a couple come down that I've kicked to make sure no one was hiding inside!

I agree Doug if they pack they haul it. I mean they have carried around for a few days anyway. The worst ones are the ones who have been shopping while on layover and buy everything under the sun and then try to carry it on the bus. They block up everything and that pisses us off because its time to go home and they are holding up progress.

I like what the FA did with the briefcase. I am sure others have wanted to do that. Just because they have flown a gillions miles doesnt mean they are that special.

Back