"Northwest Four Two, Delta Colors..."

The "deltaflot" is also known as the "wavy gravy" b/c of the tail.

Always loved that scheme...

I don't mind the new one as it looks very clean....and seeing as it has a northwest pointing widget, how about "Del Norte?" :)

Number 1 ! I love the retro look. :) What ever happened to those 1011s? They didnt seem to be in service at DL too long.

In service 28 years @ Delta--1973-2001. At their peak, Delta had 56 of them. My vote is for the #1 picture too. That airplane looked GREAT in the classic Delta colors.

Ahem, the preferred nomenclature is:

3. The Leo Mullin/Deltaflot

b777dlta.jpg

It's the "Safeway-bag-stuck-on-the-tail"

Number 1 ! I love the retro look. :) What ever happened to those 1011s? They didnt seem to be in service at DL too long.

Lack of demand for them, which caused Lockheed to stop making them. I think only like 100 or so were built.

When my dad was a 1011 instructor he had me shooting hand-flown CAT III aproaches in the sim when I was fourteen. :eek:

The 1011 was his favorite plane and the only one that he flew all three seats in. He took a couple to the desert and got off of it kicking and screaming. I jumpseated with him a few times and that was by far the best jumpseat in the world. Just wish I could have gotten to Delta in time to fly it.

I think I barfed in the back of that airplane on a flight from SEA-ATL when I was a kid. All them FA's filled me up full of waffles with strawberries on top, sausage, and ice cream. I guess they thought I was cute until I hurled. :)

The paint on the L1011 in #1 is my favorite paint scheme of all time. I love the old school Delta paint and was lucky enough to fly on a Tristar in 2000 before they went out of service.

Cool pics. The 330 is a lot larger in comparison to the 747 than I thought.
Im still looking forward to seeing the A320 in DL colors. :)

Back