Northwest CEO wants GA to pay

[ QUOTE ]
All this guys complaining, yet when it comes time for NWA to need some dough or help he doesn't seem to mind the problems. They are building a new North/SOuth runway at KMSP that was aminly for NWA. They want the extra distance so that a fully-loaded (passengers and cargo) 747 could take off for Tokyo and beyond.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are missing the point of that runway. It is a huge moneymaker for the city of MSP as well. The more people they can get in/out of the airport, and the more takeoffs/landings they can get, the more money the airport can make.

If I was the CEO of NWA, I would definitely use my powers to get what I want, and of course they will listen if it benefits them as well.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are missing the point of that runway.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think I missed any point. I can remember when the RW construction was started and it was not being built to simply increase the traffic. The biggewst factor was NWA and their fully loaded 747's. They wanted to be able to increase thier load and I doubt they really cared about anyone else's.

My point was, and maybe you missed it or it wasn't stated, was...he is complaining about the way that MAC uses its money, (reliever airports) etc...But yet when his airline needed a longer RW for it's needs, he was quick to say o.k. Not that it matters but I beliveve John Dasburg was at the wheel of NWA when this all started. I know he wa CEO when I was employed there.

I guess I'm different than most others on here... I of course jumpseat on NWA all the time and our planes carry the WorldTraveller magazine... I found myself nodding my head the whole way through the article. These part 135 and fractional ops are scalping the airlines... especially the majors.

As far as little props are concerned...They are fine the way they are....biz jets and such should certainly have much more of a share, though.

[sarcasm] Why don't you look up a few posts before you post [/sarcasm]

grin.gif
grin.gif

What's so bad about GA paying for public services and facilities? Its not like all those wealthy fat-cats in aircraft less than smaller than 6000 lbs aren't operating for a profit just like the airlines, right?
smirk.gif
(this is sarcasm)

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope that wasn't directed towards me.
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope that wasn't directed towards me.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it was. I hope you understand what the sarcasm tags meant along with the smiles.

New ATIS

"Baltimore Washington Airport Information Juliet. Winds 060 at 20, gusting 25, visibility 5 miles, haze, sky condition broken 5,000. Landing runway 33 right, 33 left, takeoff runway 28. Birds in the vicinity of the airport. MasterCard, Visa, American Express accepted, no Discover, Diner's Club. Advise you have information Juliet."

Re: New ATIS

Ummm, more like..."have your credit card ready, and advise you have infromation Juliet"
grin.gif

Back