Northwest 757-300

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
In case you guys didn't see it at my "Pics from the road" page (after December 2003 portion):

DSCN4126.jpg

This is a Northwest 757-300. Good lord, could they stretch his airframe any longer?
smile.gif

And to think, they're using "2L" boarding! (means the front/mid door that enters between first and coach)

Whoa, quite a stretch there, Doug. I do like that new livery on the NorthWest jets though, more elegant than the old one. But if you want to see stretch, look at those new Airbus A340-800s, this monster looks like it'd be many stories taller than even a 747.

757-300's are my fave series of the 757. I had serious hope that Delta might purchase some.

It woulda been nice to see em in Delta paint.

Boeing was also talking about making a 757-300ER version with a IGW to replace the older 767-200ER's but with slow sales they axed the idea and later agreed to shut down the line....bast**ds.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
757-300's are my fave series of the 757. I had serious hope that Delta might purchase some.

[/ QUOTE ]

They really don't make any sense in our fleet. We've got domestic 767-200's with an equal amount of lift than the 757-300's.

I'm still in shock we even bothered with the 767-400.

Well I'm surprised as well that Delta was the launch customer for the 767-400.

I only wished they ordered more form Boeing think they only have 24 in the fleet.

It's really a sweet airplane.

I do think we need more 777 in the fleet. (How many do we have someone told me the other day like only 12)

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]

[And to think, they're using "2L" boarding! (means the front/mid door that enters between first and coach)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think to me that jetway looks like it is set on LD1- Due to the length of the plane some stations have to use LD1 rather than 2.

About the whole L2 door...

I think just about every 757 I've been on (mostly USAair, but a few CO as well) borded through the mid cabin door. I would guess the reason for this might have something to do with the fact that the first class passengers don't have to have the unwashed masses tramping through their cabin on the way to the back
tongue.gif

Ethan

[ QUOTE ]
thats gotta be a bitch to park a the supermarket

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and just TRY to parallel park that thing downtown!!
blush.gif
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
About the whole L2 door...

I think just about every 757 I've been on (mostly USAair, but a few CO as well) borded through the mid cabin door. I would guess the reason for this might have something to do with the fact that the first class passengers don't have to have the unwashed masses tramping through their cabin on the way to the back
tongue.gif

Ethan

[/ QUOTE ]

AA never uses the L2 door for boarding/deplaning.

Actually, when I flew from DFW to HNL, we always boarded and deboarded the L2 door. That was on an AA DC-10, which they don't use anymore.

I've flown the NW 753 and CO 753s a few times and they are a b*tch to load and unload...one isle + lotsa people = takes forever...as does everything service wise (in the back of the bus anyway) because the plane is so long. Now continental is going to only 12 first class seats, verses 24 on the 752...so even more people cramped into the plane, and less chance for me to upgrade.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, when I flew from DFW to HNL, we always boarded and deboarded the L2 door. That was on an AA DC-10, which they don't use anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think MQ was referring to AAs 757s.

NW often uses door number one--between first class and the cockpit--I think (only a guess here) it just depends on what the gate/jet bridge is capable of handling.

Back